Hereticy/Dmgy Question for the boffs

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Ok first off let me say b4 u say im gimped that my spec does grt in pve and fine in rvr <When i get the chance to not get zerged ^_^ > , its

50flex 50enhance 27shield 10rejuv. Tbh i hate playing a caster and i only use the rejuv for pulling. However aside from the flex procs , ive noticed flex dmg on anytimes and combo fillers is really quite shite. I use a mp weapon and i have 321str i think it was last i checked. And while leviathan is nice its a pain in the ass to pull off for me sometimes. So recently i have been thinking of respeccing to Crush.

Cant decide on 50crush 50hance 27shield 10rejuv
or
39crush 50hance 42shield 6rejuv

Thats if i do respec. This is because flex weapons dmg is calculated by str/dex and while we get a base buff in dex we generally dont have a lot. Wheras Crush is purely str based. Now im wondering if respeccing to crush, which is a lot more accessable moves than flex anyway, will be better for me. I know heretics arent on a high dmg table anyway, but does anyone know how it would figure out in technical terms in dmg difference. My str isnt capped +toa stats yet either so i can prolly boost it to 340 buffed before RA's. Can anyone help me on this and tell me if its worth respeccing. (And no i wont respec to rejuv) .

Yours sincerly Quarterstaff the Gimp

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
my pvp heretic is going for the second spec you mentioned ;)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
roll a merc if u want dmg output - 'tics perform a support melee char and bring other abilites to a group - dont forget you are a cloth wearing dude with no absorbtion in your armour

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
roll a merc if u want dmg output - 'tics perform a support melee char and bring other abilites to a group - dont forget you are a cloth wearing dude with no absorbtion in your armour
And with the buffs the heretic gets they can almost tank as well as a paladin.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
And with the buffs the heretic gets they can almost tank as well as a paladin.

Yup im afraid hes right there. Me and a Reaver were duoing hulks. Hes in mp chain af102 and they hit him for 160dmg odd, they hit me for 100-130 lol with my buffs up. I have Physical Defense RA aswell and teh works anyway. Heretics make rather sick melee'rs tbh. I even killed a certain rr8 SB after she PA my mate , me rr2 and i won on 30% , yeh ok if she'd PA me instead id be screwed but i do have 2077hp anyway. Trust me meleetics rox. The point i asked though is if anyone can tell me if the dmg varience between flex and crush would be that much different. And as usual all posts tend to be off the subject lol.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:

As for this point i DO agree with your suggestion of a merc HOWEVER . I do not and never will own a Buffbott, so Meleetic suits me fine as im self buffed only missing spec dex/quick which i can use off charges. Ill never come close to a mercs dmg output no. But then a merc cant fight/heal/buff/rez. I like the variety :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Crush is a lot less end usage than the flex anytimes... don't think the growth rate is any different (the flex positionals and reactives are better but the taunt isn't great)

Heretics get dex as a secondary as they level up so you get a bonus of 23 from that, however unless you have a buffbot you'll be missing out on 93 spec dex. So, in theory you should have 70 more str than dex when self buffed, 23 more dex than str when you get a bot dex/qui.

That's quite a bit :) it also makes things easier to template (if you don't bother with +dex caps and the like - though that makes your shield not so good and your cast speed lower)

If you go 50 crush instead of 39 crush your base damage won't be any higher but you'll get a significant (~6%?) increase on your style damage. Unfortunately you lose out on the rather nice leviathan damage if you go crush and personally I find the crush styles less interesting at least for PvE.

One thing to note - you do get a 6s stun second part in the anytime chain so going 42 shield for stun isn't quite such a big thing (though it's still damned handy having it anytime of course).

On your current spec - personally i preferred 50e 50f 23s 17r to that one (was both on pendragon) as the increase in heals was quite noticeable but the change in shield skill wasn't.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
The point i asked though is if anyone can tell me if the dmg varience between flex and crush would be that much different. And as usual all posts tend to be off the subject lol.

Flex has harder hitting styles by quite a fair bit actually, all you really get in the crush styles are the more or less anytime stun after that the damage really isnt special.

viper chain has a growth rate of 0.?? 0.95 0.95 0.8 i think than you take into account the proc off the block chain which really does hurt a lot.

the side chain indigo-constrictor has a growth rate of i think 0.75-0.85 and 1.05-1.15

The parry chain also has similar growth rates but with a 9 sec stun. (it works off a block for the tic, so u get a 9 sec stun off block..... engage+block chain+9sec stun+ leviathan can really hurt.

Also the block chain viper has a 5 sec stun off it, that easy to either indigo or leviahon depending on level.

Potentially off block you either get a killer LT or a 9 sec stun.

Both crush and flex are kind to end.

Crush will give you consistent damage all the time, flex will give very hard hitting situational/reactionary damage, but week anytimes.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
@ 49 enh you get 30% abs buff = plate and you will have a very high af

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
thing with flex is that half the line heretics can't use, the parry chain and the evade chain.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
@ 49 enh you get 30% abs buff = plate and you will have a very high af

Abs buff wont work exatly that way though,can't be compared like that.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
thing with flex is that half the line heretics can't use, the parry chain and the evade chain.

Flex doesnt have an evade chain and on the parry chain it was changed to block for the heretic

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
Flex doesnt have an evade chain and on the parry chain it was changed to block for the heretic

so they have 2 block chains to choose from ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Downanael said:
Abs buff wont work exatly that way though,can't be compared like that.

a 50 enhance heretic will take more damage than a paladin running their AF chant but less than a mercenary with AF spec buff.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
so they have 2 block chains to choose from ?

Entirely why i love my spec atm tbh. Poor old reavers get that chain 3 part off a parry <Well not poor as they 99% get slam on thier specs> , but for me it comes off a block , opening in pve with engage i rarely miss the stun unless vs a red/purp and 9 secs = 3 levis. In RvR it isnt anywhere near easy but i have managed it a few times, mainly High Shield Tanks i wont stand a chance of landing it but i mostly duo with a reaver with slam <Yup 2x levis hitting u does hurt :) >

The only reason i was thinking of respeccing is because the anytime off Flex really isnt all that good dmg. But according to the posts here the dmg varience isnt all that much between crush and flex so i guess ill save 8p on the full respec stone hehe

As for Flex not being an endurance drain ? It kinda is , but thats prolyl my spamming of the str debuff move lol. Still once Snakecharmers is lvl 5 i wont need to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom