Heretic's,..here is why they are free RPs in RvR. lol Oo

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Heretic....

Basically a completely gimped class with 2x pts

1.) The enhance line has all the baseline cleric buff spells with one added component a high delve damage shield which would only really help in RvR on melee assist trains to hurt them right before you die.

2.) The rejuv line will be the most played but is certainly the most gimp for rvr. It is the healing line and also has some offensive spell capabilities. However the primary damage dealing spell of this line is a focus based spell with 1500 range. Essentially the heretic needs to stand in a single spot and "click on" the focus spell which is a DoT dd that increases which each spell tick. It starts off very small and ramps up to significant damage with one draw back. Any small interrupt cancels the spell and forces you to start over. So essentially someone would have to be a complete idiot to allow a heretic to do any significant damage with all the the range and insta interrupts in the game. The only upside is that the dot spell also has a snare component that slows the person/mob advancing on you. Essentially between the damage shield and the snare spell this class will be another overpowered PvE class but absolutely suck in RvR as a jack of all trades and master of none.

3.) The heretic also has to spec shield/flex/parry for any of those abilities.

4.) At least one of the heretics insta spells for a small dot that is not focused based requires the heretic to be stationary to be cast. I dont think I have ever heard of an insta spell requiring the caster to not be moving.

5.) The heretic wears cloth. Basically when this class gets hit by a mob/player it is all over. Blue con mobs have no trouble killing a heretic at lower levels. In PvE at higher levels most mobs will be dead from the focus/snare dd before they get to melee however this class will drop like a rock in RvR.

6.) I am not sure what ML line they intent to give heretics but if they get powerfont line they will be as powerful if not even more powerful PvE class than the necro.

weeeeeeeeee another necro thanks Mythic!!!&1

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
arguments?
Comparing apples to potatoes without having seen them.

Its like with most Albs being pretty sure about how a healer plays for example... its all just assumptions based on zero experience.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Comparing apples to potatoes without having seen them.
i dont compare heretic with necro but i say they ill be like necro for rvr (free rps) and pve machine olol that remind me a class in alb already not u ? :eek:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
i dont compare heretic with necro but i say they ill be like necro for rvr :eek:
Wich is bullshit too. But you wont know since you dont fight them.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
weeeeeeeeee another necro thanks Mythic!!!&1
That is bullshit tbh, necros are useful in PvE :p

Have access to Catacombs Beta and do have a lowbie Heretic and I'm concerned for them RvR. A majority of their spells are focus based that drop as soon as you move or are interupted. They also have very visual 'streaming' spell effects so the chance of being left uninterupted is very small. Could be fun in PvE.... but really don't know how / if they're be viable RvR.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Maleg said:

Have access to Catacombs Beta and do have a lowbie Heretic and I'm concerned for them RvR. A majority of their spells are focus based that drop as soon as you move or are interupted. They also have very visual 'streaming' spell effects so the chance of being left uninterupted is very small. Could be fun in PvE.... but really don't know how / if they're be viable RvR.
yea in rvr they are totally fucked but pve they are op :p
a bit like necro but i dont say they have same playstyle etc

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Maleg said:

I dont know much about them Heretics but the way you describe them I'd think a Heretic + Bodyguarder would be pretty nasty. No interrupts possible then.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
I dont know much about them Heretics but the way you describe them I'd think a Heretic + Bodyguarder would be pretty nasty. No interrupts possible then.
now with toa i get more interupted than getting hits since we have bg/grapple so i doubt it :p
and keep in mind that it take 25-30 second to cast the thing lol

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Aye, bodyguard against root, amnesia, mezz, dd etc interrupts. :)
Funny to get amnesia with 30 sec cast time lol. :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jeriraa said:

since when has bg blocked spells. Root or DoT or anything infact on them and they are out the fight totally and cant do a thing. Not even like you can QC (doubt they have anyways) as being basicaly all focus spells it wont do anything to help them

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Well you still get interupted a fair bit even with BG.... anyhow Heretics are a bit wierd, I'll list what I know from limited play time.

Heretics wear cloth, can spec in Rej, Enhance, Shield, Crush and Flex. Have 2x spec point.

Baseline Rej is identical to a Cleric as far as I know
Baseline Enh is almost identical to Cleric - additions are self ABS buff (5 and 10%)

Flex / Shield and Crush speclines are fairly similar to what is currently in place (only minor tweaks if any).

The difference is here:

Rej Spec
Focus DD
Focus DD/snare (50% snare, unbreakable whilst focus is held)
Focus effectiveness debuff+snare+attack speed debuff
AoE Focus DD/snare (50% snare)
Uninterruptable from range Focus DD
Instant cast DoT
Instant cast snare (50% snare, unbreakable for first 5 seconds)
Monster Ressurection - ressurect a dead realm-mate as a poison-spitting zombie.

Each of the focus spells tick every 3 seconds, the damage increases as long as you're not interupted. Lowbie experience of the toon found these to be very power consumption efficient. There also seems to be an uninteruptable version of the focus DD spell (from range, which implys melee interuption only). The insta casts are as they sound, on off timed spells like on a Mincer or Reaver (except this is a DoT not a DD).

Enhance Spec
Self Str/Con buff
Self Damage Add
Self Absorb buffs (up to 30% absorb at 49)
Self AF buff (up to ??? at 50)
Self Resist Piercing buff
Concentration-based Damage shield
Group damage shield
group reactive proc buff shear

Some nice stuff here, including a group reactive proc like the Cleric heal proc (but this one is a Buff Shear). I think all Heretics will have to spec in Enhance... why? Well they're in Cloth, from experience so far the they get Cleric baseline AF buff (not caster), the self AF buff appears to be in the Spec line. If you don't spec Enhance you're gonna have low 300's AF and only 10% ABS.... very squishy.

So I reckon viable Heretics will either be Melee spec (Enhance, Shield and Crush/Flex) or Mage spec (Enhance, Rej and Shield :p). Mage spec viability will all depend on how good the uninteruptable focus DD is (it's about the only one they'll get to use RvR).

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
now with toa i get more interupted than getting hits since we have bg/grapple so i doubt it :p
and keep in mind that it take 25-30 second to cast the thing lol
It's not quiet that bad, they're insta cast and tic every 3 seconds building up in damage to max damage. The maximum time the Focus can last is 30 seconds.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bloodhunter said:
wait for it.... here's a big WHO CARES?!
wecare.gif

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
ooh the strong posts. Midgard has Bonedancers and healers, albion has Infils and minstrels and Hibernia has smalls wieners.

Shoutout to following peeps:

kalgarn who shaggs his dog, Kryin who I miss, Skren/Ottar for defending the temple of Kemor with me.

Btw, if anyone can remember the pray I used to to help me out. was something like "dear kemor, give me some albs" and it always worked.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
Listen Araudry, i cant agree with you here ;p

I Believe the Heretic that many ppl criticise will be a good, maybe even viable class in albion RvR.

The Rejuv line is amazingly good, Focus DD, and Instant AE Snares. This is what we've been missing as an addition to CC. And then there's the ability to spec shield too..

What goes for the flex line, fuck that, thats crap, the needed things about this class doesnt lie in its capabilities in melee.

You have cloth sure, but you have shield too.

This class has many nice things, Slam, Insta AE Snare, Rezz, Focus DD, this is great i believe, if i play by the time catacombs come to europe i'll definately level one to try it out. This class seems very much fun, and how many stealthers can you solo in rvr with this ? ;p focus dd, insta dot, insta snare and slam and shield spec, uber.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
seems to me you get a healer that can engage scouts guard casters slam tanks while still healing buffing ?

its what albion been whining about for 3 years

"we got no 3rd support class"

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Try it out and see if it sucks

One problem I see is how we are supposed to fit this character into a alb fotm grp

and tehre is no spec healing? so cant get 1 cleric outta grp replac with this dark maniac xD

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
and tehre is no spec healing? so cant get 1 cleric outta grp replac with this dark maniac xD
Nib, Heretic healing will be 'Friar like'

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry
You copied and pasted your whine from the VN boards LOL

You wtfpwned yourself again :)
You Idiot :)

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Araudry
You copied and pasted your whine from the VN boards LOL

You wtfpwned yourself again :)
You Idiot :)

i found that thread funny so i posted it here ^^
and yea its not my whine so? ;p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Future will tell; loads can still change and Yanks also thought savages sucked at the release of SI.

Think wait and see for ourselves (if you still around when Catacombs hits Prydwen) before jumping to conclusions.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry said:
i found that thread funny so i posted it here ^^
and yea its not my whine so? ;p

the person who posted it had never played a heretic
Most of the stuff he posted was bullshit

Theres much better information about this class around

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Have looked at the Heretic details and tbh, they dont look too bad.

I think their enhance spec is pretty essential as it has an abs buff in it, kinda needed when your wearin cloth.

But I think the main specs will be either...

Enhance Sheild Rejuv

of

Enhance Sheild Flex

They don't actually get a parry spec that I saw of.

they can spec flex/enhance/sheild/rejuv/crush

and that focus DD you said about, they get one that is an AE, which tbh dont seem too bad, seems pretty nice imo for keep takes etc.

The only thing I'm prayin is that they dont get soljourner ML as a spec, imagine FZ with Levi :/ think that's game over for anyone tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom