Help?

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
right guys, i have installd the TOA-NF patch but cant find the NF shortcut, and for some reason my toa shortcut has gone missing, i cannot find it anywhere, even if i reinstall NF it does nothing to change it!

HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!

cheers,

ademaa

XhitmanX

Banned
go into your toa folder look for camelot.exe(should have toa icon) right click on it click Send To then click Desktop then go to your desktop and you will have new short cut :)

Gimmly

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
not there, LMAO there is an empty space where it should be :) :)

ROFL

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
when installed its the same shortcut as u used before to launch ToA .... u dont get a new :)

Zagantia

Fledgling Freddie
Dont think there is/you dont need an NF shortcut, just use your old ToA shortcut.

My ToA shortcut is still where it was, did you delete yours?

If so, just use explorer and then right click on the Camelot icon in your ToA directory and send to desktop to create a shortcut.

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
I had the shortcut, and i sent it to desktop, but it made like 10 shortcuts, so i deleted 1 and all disappeard!!!! no i have no TOA shortcut of no camelot.exe shortcut with TOA image

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
So you ran the toa_frontiers.exe program and selected your TOA folder as the place to install it? There shouldn't be a NF icon as far as I know, the old one you used for TOA should pick up the changes automatically. If you have lost your old icon from the desktop, you should still be able to launch via the start button:
START -> All Programs -> Dark Age of Camelot - Trials of Atlantis -> Dark Age of Camelot - Trials of Atlantis

Or create a new shortcut on your desktop, which links to: C:\ToA\camelot.exe (or where ever you installed ToA)

Regards,
Sift.

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
right, winrar dling atm,
i tried the start-toa etc but it says that it cant find the camelot.exe in the toa folder and that shall it change to the camelot.exe shortcut in the original DAOC folder

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
XhitmanX said:
well d/l this and extract it to your toa folder then do what i said a min ago

Click Me

Gimmly

cheers ate worked fine, shortcut there now, BUT is it suposed to make a patch.dat file on my desktop when i try to open it? i may have played for two years but dont mean i cant be a n00b :flame:

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
ademaa said:
right guys, i have installd the TOA-NF patch but cant find the NF shortcut, and for some reason my toa shortcut has gone missing, i cannot find it anywhere, even if i reinstall NF it does nothing to change it!

HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!

cheers,

ademaa

The reason it removed the existing shortcut, is because as it overwrote camelot.exe (the original exe file), the shortcut didn't point to the correct file anymore, hence the deletion.

You will find with the NF installation it doesn't create a new shortcut.

See above posts on how to create one.

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
cheers all for you help, u all top notch >>salutes<<

Right now to business, why does the camelot.exe make a patch.dat file on my desktop??????? grrr or is that cuz the servers are down?

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
you should put camelot.exe in you're camelot directory not on you're desktop.

Make a shortcut of the file on you're desktop. Rightclick desktop and then new shortcut and go to you're dir where you installed camelot and point it to that exe file.
now it wont make a new patch.dat file on you're desktop

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
OMG DUDE I LOVE YOU MAN! ;) :drink: :drink:

cheers, works fine now

thread over ;) ty guys /salute

XhitmanX

Banned
ademaa said:
OMG DUDE I LOVE YOU MAN! ;) :drink: :drink:

cheers, works fine now

thread over ;) ty guys /salute