help??!?!

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
ive got this strange problem....

with my........... solo card :D

i think someone has h4x0rrd it but im not sure! or at least are trying to!
2 days ago i went to draw out sum cash. found a machine i have used before, entered my PIN number and wanted to check my balance. Then it said something along the lines of"you have exceeded the limit of PIN checks allowed daily" or something and spat my card back out at me. i hadnt used a cash machine any time that day before so i though wtf? i tried it again just to make sure i ahdnt put in the wrong PIN code.. same thing happened, and at 2 different cash machines. had to borrow some cash of my m8 :(
figured it was just a problem with my card or something so left it at that!

the next day i went check see if everything was ok... and it was! it would let me draw money out etc and i had the same amount in i'd had the day before so wasnt too worried.. untill this mornging!!!

checking it again this morning and the same fucking thing happens!!! "you have exceeded the limit of PIN checks allowed daily" sometrhing luike that i dont know what it is EXACTLY

whats going on? ive asked a few mates and some have said someone is guessing ur number and trying to get in ur account and others have just said its a problem with my bank, wondering if any of u guys come accross this before?

i really dont see how anyone is guessing my PIn code cuz i have the card right here with me! and even if they were.. they would have to try 9999 times to get it right, so whats the point?? and im a fucking student, not as if im the richest bastard alive is it?

what should i do? report it and get a new card, or leave it cuz its a problem with my bank>?

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
FoxeH said:
ive asked a few mates and some have said someone is guessing ur number and trying to get in ur account and others have just said its a problem with my bank, wondering if any of u guys come accross this before?
Well its not this, if someone were trying to guess your pin then they'd need the card for a start, and secondly the account would be frozen and you would be phoned if your pin was entered incorrectly 3 times in a row. By the sound sof it that hasn't happened so I don't think you need to worry abotu someone trying to 'hack' your bank account.
FoxeH said:
what should i do? report it and get a new card, or leave it cuz its a priblem with my bank>?
Report is yes, phone up the bank or better still go to the bank for a chat. I've never heard of a problem like that.

Basically I don't think its a big threat to your account, but it does sound like a pain in the arse, so I'd get it fixed asap just for the convenience of being able to withdraw money whenever you need to, and just when the machine feels like it ;)

...oh and get a switch card already. :p

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
cheers blith my friend =)

ill nip down to the bank tomorrow morning!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
There is a lot of frightening scams currently being used in the UK with cash points.

Also card duplication is very easy, all a potential thief has to do is swipe your card into a special reader and they can duplicate your magnetic strip, then place it on a blank card.

So be careful when you purchase items at dodgy shops, or shops with dodgy staff, make sure they dont swipe your card into two different machines. This is one way thieves obtain the scan.

I agree, check with your bank on monday.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Tallen said:
There is a lot of frightening scams currently being used in the UK with cash points.

Also card duplication is very easy, all a potential thief has to do is swipe your card into a special reader and they can duplicate your magnetic strip, then place it on a blank card.

So be careful when you purchase items at dodgy shops, or shops with dodgy staff, make sure they dont swipe your card into two different machines. This is one way thieves obtain the scan.

I agree, check with your bank on monday.
could that be anyway put onto a cash machine? i heard a story about some people making a fake ATM machine or something like that.. they got a hell of alot of peoples cards and PIN numbers
i only ever use it in cash machines and when buying stuff online, last time i used it in a shop was... hmm maybe over a year ago now

still quiet a scary thing!

and on duplicating the card, whats the point really, there's still the PIN number to get past, 3 trys a day with 9999 potential combinations, thats like 3333 days to get every number, i dont see the point, especially on a student

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
yep, there is a scam going around the UK atm where they put a fake front on the cash machine which scans the strip as you put it in. people at work have had loads taken out of their bank accounts, i dont use cash machines anymore, i just get cashback.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
get 3000 cards try 3 different codes on all cards and you have a shot at getting the code for that pass. Or just watch people typing in their PIN.

Also as you said fake machine so you duplicate it AND get the pin number.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
ok lol. im a bit drunk now but i can read ok
ill go down tomorrow morning and tell them everytime ive tried togm et cash out it has said ive tired too many times a day to use my PIN code. u make a good point Driwen but honestly for gods sake i cannot remember anywhere that i would of even given out a chance for someone to get my card duplicate like that
this is really gay that they do scams like this i cant belive it. i find life hard enough payong rent every month and food and shit on a part time wage, having to deal with shit like this aswell, fucking nerf them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom