help!

bigfoot

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, my dad is off to Australia for the summer and he has a HP ipaq PDA which he is taking with him. He want's to set it up with his Orange Bluetooth mobile so he can use it to access the net, get email etc. I've set it up to work here in the UK but I'm wondering if anyone knows what he'll have to do to get it to work in Australia, if indeed it will work at all?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It will work with any network that supports GPRS. He will probably have several to choose from, its just a matter of trying each one until you find one that connects. I've done it all over Europe, its dead easy. You won't have to change the dialling code, so long as its that #99# thingy (or similar).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
BTW, it might be much cheaper for him to get a PAYG 3G mobile when hes there, which has full internet access in Aussie, and connect with that, at about 384k.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Pay as you go mobile sims in Aus are very cheap, I had one when i was out there, admittedly just for calls and texts back to England, but their handsets were pricey.

Ooo one thing to watch out for as well -they bill for each thirty second block, not per minute.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
Ooo one thing to watch out for as well -they bill for each thirty second block, not per minute.
Surely that's better? For them to subdivide their per minute rates? It's one of the reasons orange bill per second...

Xav

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Let me rephrase...

We are shown cost per minute and billed per second. The networks in Oz show price per minute or price per 30 seconds, but bill in 30 second blocks no matter if you talk for 5 seconds or 30 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom