help with fps

O

old.Carl1ng

HELP!!!

My fps is as low as 10 in some games. I think this is due to all bullet holes in walls stay for the whole duration of each map so after five or six games, I will go around the corner where there has been lots of fighting and my frame rate will go down as low as mentioned due to there being loads of bullet holes in the wall, blood etc.

Do anyone know of a way I can turn off bullet holes in walls, blood and spent cartridges. Also, how to turn down the quality of the skins to give me extra fps.

Any help on how to get my fps up would be appreciated.

Pentium II 400
Ram 128
Graphics card TNT 2

Pleeeeeeease help!

Y

Yaka

dunno for sure but try running at lower res,switching off decals and if you are playing in opengl mode try playing in direct X mode ,

O

old.Hoff_MisTer

hmmmm

try :
cl_gibcount "1"
cl_giblife "5"

and

cl_himodels "0"
for player models hi/lo quality switch.
me thinks!
;-)

[Edited by Hoff_MisTer on 30-09-00 at 23:39]

K

kryt

Also take a peak at the Counterstrike guide, theres a few handy tips for FPS improvement and some custom configs too

H

Horus

If you think it's too many bulletholes, bring down the console and type r_decals and hit enter. This should tell you the current setting. Then change it to something lower.

If you lower r_decals rate, it basically cuts down the number of simultaneous decals on the map (including blood, bulletholes, spray-logos etc), so try setting to 0 if you're desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom