help with codecs pls

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
hey all: i've got some problems, i can't seem to run:

<insert file name here>.S05E01.WS.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS file.

QUicktime, VLc, WMP, winamp, and divx player can't run em, they say it's not a correct file:<

i got 20 episodes, but cant run em, and in a file above i get this: 3 files arround 1-2 gig, and are .DAA files, and if u unpack em (extract) i get PART-01 file..

can anybody help me?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
ok, this is my forte... however im a bit confuced

whats a .DAA file?
and this part-01 file, is that .p01 or something? you should have a huge archive of these generally about 40, winrar can extract them - if were both talking about the same thing...

St.Anger said:

damn, 1 min late... but this only tells you its an image file... do a search on google for .daa reader or something to find a program that will burn it, if nero doesn't work... though its essentually a archive, so winrar or winzip may be able to see whats inside

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, to me it seems that .daa file is a disk image of something. With that poweriso program, you can mount that disk image and use it like a common disk.

About the part-1 file: does it have no existention at all ?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
found this

Wikipedia said:
Direct Access Archive, or DAA, is a proprietary file format for disk image files which supports advanced features such as compression, password protection, and splitting to multiple volumes. It can be handled directly just like other formats, such as an ISO image and BIN. Popular disk image mounting programs such as Alcohol 120% and DAEMON Tools currently do not support the mounting of DAA images

Wikipedia said:
PowerISO, the only application used to create and mount DAA disk images.

iirc PowerISO isn't free... look where you found the movie from to find a full version

Edit1: btw, PowerISO is a program like nero;) its really quite good, but i prefer nero

Edit2: damn i was late again>.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom