Help: Weapon spec

M

mawina_HB

Recently rolled a Friar Elzy - So now im up for some melee damagedealing. Hence a few questions:

A)
My weapon skill including bonuses determines the damage output. Is the return of the specs above my level the same as those below? For instance a L 40 having L37+6 in staff and a L 43 having L37+6 in staff. DO they deal the same damage asuming that they hit?

B)
Is this the same rules when I hit L 50?

C)
Does the actual lvl of the style influence the damage? - and how? I mean if not why would u ever use the
L34 "holy staff" H fat - M dam - L to hit
and not the L8 " defender fury" L fat - H dam - L to hit - ef. slowed

Mawina L50 mincer in HB
ELzy L29 Friar in HB

F

Flimgoblin

I think your damage is reduced if you're lower level - so the level 40 would be doing less damage.

but that would be the case if you had 37+3 in staff at level 40/43 :)

the damage from the styles should scale - test what sorta damage you get from each one (don't believe the delve stuff) before you decide on which to use :)

T

Tranquil-

A)
My weapon skill including bonuses determines the damage output. Is the return of the specs above my level the same as those below? For instance a L 40 having L37+6 in staff and a L 43 having L37+6 in staff. DO they deal the same damage asuming that they hit?

They will not deal the same damage because the lvl 43 friar will have a higher clamped DPS(max DPS you can have at that level). This is assuming your weapon at lvl 43 has a high enough DPS and Quality to let you reach your clamped DPS. Your base damage done is directly tied to your weapon DPS though.

At lvl 50 your clamped DPS is 16.2, if you have a 16.2 DPS weapon with 100% quality/condition its effective DPS will be 16.2. However let's say that you get RR5, that will raise your clamped DPS to 16.5, allowing you to utilize a lvl 51 weapon(16.5 DPS). Again, assuming you have a 100% quality weapon which lets you achieve an effective DPS of 16.5.

Note that there have been some tests that showed that the +specs you add from items gives roughly twice the weaponskill that a base specced point does. Can't remember the link, but I will look for it.

B)
Is this the same rules when I hit L 50?

Yes, except that spec OVER character level has diminishing returns when it comes to weaponskill and damage. A spec over your character lvl will give you an increase in cap damage, but the increase in damage per spec point over level will be lower than the increase in damage per spec point up to your level.

Note that style damage and base damage are affected by this differently too if I recall correctly. I'm not sure if weaponspec over level gives you an additional bonus to styled damage compared to weaponspec = to character level.

C)
Does the actual lvl of the style influence the damage? - and how? I mean if not why would u ever use the
L34 "holy staff" H fat - M dam - L to hit
and not the L8 " defender fury" L fat - H dam - L to hit - ef. slowed

How the styles deal what bonus damage I'm not sure of, it's a DPS(Damage Per Second) figure though. Perhaps a different number attached to each style? I don't know. The level of the style probably has something to say in how much DPS the stylebonus adds though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom