help to make movies

P

painman

hi all

ive been thinking about making some movies to, but i could use some help about editing.

i use fraps 2.0 atm to record movies (works good)
but i was wondering if theese names below are the preferred editing programs?

(quote from a previos post) "By using Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, VirtualDub, etc. Video editing programs, in other words.

but the thing i need some help with are the decompresing tools? what to use?. how do i make them damn large movies files (smaller) and they still have to be good qual!

i am a total noob at this point, i never tryed editing movie files before, so if someone would take the time to explain it to me, it would be much appreciatet.

thx

R

Roalith

First of all - download some movie codecs, divx 5.0 and xvid both come highly recommended for compression/quality. Can find them quite easily with a google search.

Then, use virtualdub to compress:

Open virtualdub
load the .avi movie file made with fraps
video > compression
select codec
file > save as avi > select filename/location etc
watch virtualdub convert it

Et voilá, your movie is now compressed.

It's then a case of using windows movie maker or adobe premier to add effects/edit/add music etc.

V

VodkaFairy

Hmm I'll hijack your thread for my question :p

Anyone know how to add text in adobe première 6.0 ? Always when I make a title and add it in the movie timeline it doesn't show up (its behind the movie clip t.t).

:S

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Hmm I'll hijack your thread for my question :p

Anyone know how to add text in adobe première 6.0 ? Always when I make a title and add it in the movie timeline it doesn't show up (its behind the movie clip t.t).

:S

bad VF! :twak:

F

fruity_darktyde

May I ask a silly question?

I've tried using fraps to record movies, but they always come out with a visual distortion that looks like the same image repeated 4 times. Any ideas peeps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom