Help. Stuck in tutorial

D

Drum

Hi,

I just installed and registered tonight, but I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle.

In the initial tutorial, I mine the asteroid and examine the cargo, then jettison it, then pick it up again, but the tutorial page doesn't show any [back] or [next] buttons and nothing further seems to happen.

Am I missing something?

tia

R

Rah

Try ejecting it and picking up again, if you still have a problem click the help icon (the circley thing) or just skip the tutorials.

D

Drum

I tried that, but nothing. I don't mind skipping the tutorial, but I don't even know how to do basic things yet, so it would be useful to complete it.

For instance, how do I find which stations are nearby?

W

whipped

There is a little icon in the top right hand corner that looks like a couple of lines.

--
--
--

Bad drawing I know, but click that and you'll get a good list of everything. I think F9 or F11 brings up the little map thing on the right of the screen as well.

As for the tutorial, just try quiting the game and going back in. The tutorials still get stuck every now and again. Perserverence is the key.

C

Custy

as with most problems with game, if they cant be fixed with a reboot, go to your EVE folder, then go to cache, then delete the file prefs.ini

This will get rid of all your things like saved passwords, graphics options etc so you will need to do it again.

D

Drum

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm starting to get my head around things a bit now.

S

Scouse

as with most problems with game, if they cant be fixed with a reboot, go to your EVE folder, then go to cache, then delete the file prefs.ini

This will get rid of all your things like saved passwords, graphics options etc so you will need to do it again.

Actually - you're supposed to go into your cache and delete everything but the prefs.ini - folders and all :)

C

Custy

usually deleteing prefs.ini fixes things for me :)

dunno tho, my portraits folder is about 400 mb big now, dont want to get rid of that,

Users who are viewing this thread