HELP !! SI loading error message :(((

Y

-yoda-

okies after all the bullshit of clicking account button to activate SI . this morning i finally managed to activate SI . so i finish me cuppa tea. and toast ... then load up SI . i thn enter my acc name/pass and get the server screen WOOHOO i thought..

thn to my disapointment i click excalibur to load that and got an error message. it wasnt a blue screen errorr message .. was a error message.. didnt give a explination just the erorr box, anybody having same problems ? and if so can u tell me what it maybe or what i can do to fix it ?

it wont even let me get as far as the char select screen :( it closes down and errors between server screen n char select :(((

Help pleaseeeeeeeeeee :)

L

-Lonewolf-

Trying reinstalling?

When u say error screen does it go blank does it connect to the server is there a message

Are the servers down?

Possibly ur patching didn't go well and u need to reinstall?

All possibilities let me know in this thread

H

healer_mcheal

hmm, not sure, what g-card and directx u using?

F

Flimgoblin

what graphics card, OS etc. you using?

might be a driver issue?

Y

-yoda-

omg you guys and your spams!!!

tbh im not sure what my gfx card is or what directx im using im v tech iliterate :( i know my comp isnt a v good one and it under minimum requirements. but ive been told and read somewhere that i should be able to run SI still but i wont get all the fancy stuff gfx n stuff :( im uninstalling atm and reinstalling :( i hope it works

@lonewolf..
servers are up

patching seemed to go smoothly when i dl it yesterday

when i try load excal char select screen it goes black for a second then flickers and then goes back to server select screen with a box and a erorr message on it :(

L

-Lonewolf-

Sorry about spam forum went weird lol

Ok not using DAoX or DAoCWin?

Sounds like a gfx issue like Flim suggested possibly need newer drivers for your gfx card which can be found there:

http://www.nvidia.com

Menu at the top

Make sure u uninstall the other drivers first by going to the control panel on your start menu-add/remove programs-remove the drivers ur find in the list

it will ask u to restart u will load back up with a horrible looking screen it will locate ur gfx card and u then should be ok to locate the drivers and install if they are a zip when u download them just unzip them to a folder and then on the hardware install locate that folder and voila installed

If you have a GeForce 2+ etc

Oh and tell me what happens when u reinstall

Y

-yoda-

heres my comp spec for you all to laugh at :( is it cos my comp is this sucky i cant load SI?
Operating System
Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222)

Processor
500 megahertz AMD K6-2 w/3DNow!
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board
Board: First International Computer, Inc. PAG2130 PCB 1.x
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51 PG 10/15/99

Drives
13.01 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
7.69 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
HITACHI DVD-ROM GD-5000 [CD-ROM drive]
HP CD-Writer+ 9300 [CD-ROM drive]
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")
ST313021 A (13.01 GB) [Hard drive] -- drive 0

memory modules
312 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot '0' has 64 MB
Slot '1' has 128 MB
Slot '2' has 128 MB

Display
Trident Blade3D/MVP4 (57_2) [Display adapter]
Plug and Play Monitor

multimedia
VIA AC97 PCI Audio Device
VIA Gameport Joystick
VIA internal MIDI
VIA Sound System
Wave Device for Voice Modem

YES i know i need a new one :) but money doesnt grow on trees

and NO i dont use any 3rd party prgrams doax or any other

Y

-yoda-

and i ust uninstalled/reinstalled and still got same problem :(

L

-Lonewolf-

Display
Trident Blade3D/MVP4 (57_2) [Display adapter]
Plug and Play Monitor

:( Theres ur problem, sorry mate but u need to get a GeForce 2+ to actually be able to play it I believe, although I could be wrong but tbh I have no idea what a Trident Blade3D is?

Here's what Mythic have to say about it

Shrouded Isles FAQ

What are the system requirements?

In order to play Shrouded Isles, you'll need a current-generation 3D accelerated video card that supports the new DirectX 8.1 feature set. Our plan is to support all GeForce 2-4 cards (including MXs), as well as other DX8-compatible cards. However, the more advanced graphical features will probably only work on the current generation of GeForce 3/4 cards (as well as cards from other manufacturers that fully support DX 8). If you don't have a current-generation cards, you'll be able to play the expansion, but you won't see many of the graphical upgrades. For complete information on system requirements for Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles, visit our support website at http://www.support.darkageofcamelot.com

Probably best to check there but I am not sure if that card supports SI

Hope so, heres to hoping let us know what you find out, and don't forget to make a post on Rightnow and the guys will probably be able to help you to

Y

-yoda-

thnx mav nuch apreciated.. downloading driver now and i got my fingers crossed it works.. if not then feck it im gonna have to shelve SI till i can afford a new com :(

F

Flimgoblin

if you're going for a new card - get a geforce 3Ti (cheap) or a geforce 4Ti (expensive)

a 2MX is pish, and a 4MX will run fast but not give you the water/shadows etc. :(

M

mavericky

You may not have to buy a new computer, check to see if your machine has a built in graphics card, or one that is in one of the slots that can be removed. If it is in the slots then maybe consider buying a new graphics card to keep you going til you can afford a new PC.

You need to check whether you have an AGP slot or PCI only and buy the appropriate one.

A cheap card to consider might be a geforce4 mx, you can get them for about £50ish now. I wouldnt suggest getting a card any better than this as your PC wont really make use of it.

Shops that sell them

http://www.aria.co.uk/
http://www.scan.co.uk/
http://www.Dabs.com
http://www.jungle.com

Y

-yoda-

nope its a no go :( SI stuck on shelf till i get new com :(

thx for trying help guys . see ya in SI areas in a year or 2 :))))

L

-Lonewolf-

Bummer :(

Sorry we couldn't help mate carry on playing DAoC till u can play SI

Sorry again :(

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by -yoda-

when i try load excal char select screen it goes black for a second then flickers and then goes back to server select screen with a box and a erorr message on it :(

SO whats the error message say then ? first 2 posts dont' even say.

Would be handy so we know what to look for ....

god, sometimes i h8 working in IT support, coz u have to put up with 'users'..

But sounds like you found out why in the end. GL with getting ur new PC / graphics card etc.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by -yoda-
nope its a no go :( SI stuck on shelf till i get new com :(

thx for trying help guys . see ya in SI areas in a year or 2 :))))

if you have anyone locally that has SI you can get them to create an inconnu type or a disciple and move them to the homelands...

then you can log them in on normal client :)

or just level up a fighter and go become a reaver :) as long as you've activated you can create them.

(still can't go exploring tho :()

and don't get a 4MX - get a Geforce 3Ti from dabs.com - they're 60 quid and will have the water etc. bummer to find them anywhere though :) looks like only dabs do them.

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by tripitaka

SO whats the error message say then ? first 2 posts dont' even say.

Would be handy so we know what to look for ....

god, sometimes i h8 working in IT support, coz u have to put up with 'users'..

But sounds like you found out why in the end. GL with getting ur new PC / graphics card etc.

asi said in my FIRST post :) "".. was a error message.. didnt give a explination just the erorr box, """

it was just a box that said error. phoned up the company i bought me cpu from they said for 400 quid i can get a upgrade to 2gig proccesor 512mb ram . and a GeForce4 gfx card and they all able to be upgraded in future if i needed to . cos aparantly atm the cm i have cant be upgraded cos they all integrated internal parts or summin.. so £400 needs to be saved, see you in Caer Sidi soon untill then back to me friar n sorc in classic :(

M

mavericky

I wouldnt always believe the someone who can sell you a new PC on whether you can upgrade your old one. They might just be trying to make a sale.

It is very easy for you to check whether your graphics card is intergrated or not. Just look on the back and see where your monitor plugs into, if it is in one of the slots then chances are it isnt intergrated (take the case of for a better look if so)

Y

-yoda-

are you sure i can create and play a new race/class if i only open the classic game? i do have a friend who can create me a inconnu raver but i thought you can ONLY play SI classes if i open from the SI client ? PLEASE if anybody can verify that i can play a inconnu from classic client please tell me :)

Users who are viewing this thread