Help plz.

tierk

Part of the furniture
can't imagine that many anti virus prog's are not up to speed with this yet.

Well the article states that that anti virus programmes cannot pick it up.

Anyway aside from that i would like to get some sort of free antispyware programme, tried to google some and there just seem to be millions of these. Was wondering if there is a general consensus on which is better or best even.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Well the article states that that anti virus programmes cannot pick it up.

Anyway aside from that i would like to get some sort of free antispyware programme, tried to google some and there just seem to be millions of these. Was wondering if there is a general consensus on which is better or best even.

Can't go wrong with AVG imo.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't bank on line, so this won't affect me

Mephz

Banned
Don't the smartest of people are you guys,

"Independent security firm GMER has produced a utility that will scan and remove the stealthy program"

GMER - Files

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I'm not one for getting multiple programmes and the like for each virus, I just use McAfee but then again, I don't put bank details into my computer. There's absolutely no chance in hell I'd do it on windows though, and I especially wouldnt do it if I used a wireless internet connection.

Don't want to go into the finer details but learnt my lesson about that through a networking module...did you know that when sending information, ANY information to your wireless router, unless you've set up your computer to encrypt the data, it's all sent pretty much as plain text? That includes password files, usernames and the like. All it needs is for some smartarse to make a 'cantenna', run a couple of analysis tools and they can read all information you send to your router.

You can make one out of a pringles can, download the software for free and then pick on any wireless network within a 2mile range.

This is why I'd recommend not using online banking in the first place but if you do, make sure your computer is hardwired and then you're back to square one with the problems of viruses but at least you aren't going to be at an even greater risk.

Linux all the way for things like that...there are still less then 100 documented viruses for it ^^ But no matter what way you look at it, 100%security is not an acheivable goal; even microsoft have been brought down for a day before and the problem is, you'll generally not know when someone is trying to access your computer :(

Did I just go off on a tangent?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Having lots of virus scanners/adaware usually causes them to detect each other, then go mad

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Is that the anti virus software you talking about?

yeah i've used it for years and never had any problems. Its detected a few viruses in its time for me and kept me safe.

tierk

Part of the furniture

Its sorted out already, though thanks for the link. I googles Gmer and it dl'd the target and when it finished scanning it wanted me to pay to remove all the shit on my pc.

Anway i used this programme superantispyware as recommneded by a poster above.

Worked fine remving the crap off my pc and i have installed AVG now as well and see how that all goes. Pc working nicely now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom