Help please....

O

old.mooklet

OK
I used to play HL quite a bit but haven't played for ages.
I thought I'd have go at this CS business. I've played AQ2 and Tac Ops for UT and thought I'd complete the list with this one.
I've downloaded the latest patch and beta 7 full etc and installed ok.
BUT....
1. I remember installing 3DNow! files for my ailing K6-2 chip ages ago and wonder if I still need to do this or are they in the patch?
2. Do I still need the 3DFX miniGL I noticed it was in the video settings section so is it in the patch?
3. Without these things I have been getting loads of lockups just running the trainer. Is this anything to do with my V3 200 being overclocked from 143 - 183 Mhz? I mean does this engine burn out cards, it works fine with UT and Q3.

Thanks alot for any help.

O

old.mooklet

Thanks for the wealth of responses.
Just to keep anyone who's interested in this shit informed:
The latest V3 drivers have a better version of OpenGL than the MiniGL so you shouldn't use MiniGL. However, WickedGL drivers gave me a BIG performance increase. I recommend trying them (www.wicked3d.com).
Still a bit confused by the 3DNow! issue, is it in with the drivers or a seperate patch?
Overclocking was definetly crashing my box.
Obviously you're not big tweakers out there.
Hope this helps/is read by someone.

O

old.-Pakman-

I've never done anything for 3DNow but i'm guessing that the only patch you may need would be for older games, as far as i know there is no special 3Dnow patch for HL and i really don't have much of an idea wot you are on about :)

M

Mr Lee

Afaik there was only a seperate 3dnow patch for Q2 (that made a damn good improvement as well :)), I believe the optimisation for Half-Life was built into the game itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom