help please

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
when ever i load up a new internet explorer its keep appearing off the side of the screen for some reason and i have to drag it back onto the main screen. does anyone know what might be causing this?

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
i use the normal explorer its just that it keeps loading up off the side of the screen

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Clown said:
Buy a new internet!
Buy a bigger screen!!! :D

Seriously, I have the same problem with Trillian and I "think" it has to do with the screen resolution.
IE "thinks" you have a bigger screen than you actually have. have you tried :

right click (on toolbar IE item)
minimize.

right click (on toolbar IE item)
restore.

If that has no effect :

resize (relocate) the IE onto the screen
Exit
restart IE

Which OS have you got?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Resize and relocate until you are happy.... now close that window by clicking the x while holding down the shift key.

The next explorer window you open should now remember your last setting.

Will

/bin/su
capslock-s.jpg

:)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Gef said:
Use Firefox tbh ;)

http://www.mozilla.org

Spread the love

Well done for helping with his question.

This really pisses me off, this whole "DON'T USE IE" bollocks whenever someone even mentions it in passing. If he wanted help in recommendations for other browsers, he would have asked for it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that's correct. Swiftiwazz will catch fire if you rub his stick against a rough surface sharply :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sorry, but firefox and all those other browsers are just fucking crap. Stop peddling things that nobody wants.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's not that so much Tom, it's more the Jehova's Witnesses style tactics used. If I wanted to find out more/join the club I'd do so off my own back: there's no need to force stuff at people when it's not appropriate.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
I can understand being a little annoyed at the firefox fanatics (although they have a point), but I can't see how you can have a problem with firefox it's self. I don't find it a lot different to IE, except I use Ctrl-T more and spybot S&D less.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Tom said:
Sorry, but firefox and all those other browsers are just fucking crap. Stop peddling things that nobody wants.

I never took you for a troll Tom. I hope you aren't being serious otherwise you're talking plain nonsense.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sorry, but IE does exactly what it says on the tin. Its easy to use, works with pretty much everything, is quick to load, and you don't need to be a computer geek to add features (like you do with firefox).

Waffle on about security holes if you will, but I bet there are more 'holes' in the less popular browsers, its just that nobody bothers trying to hack them.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
And not to get on the firefox bandwagon here, I agree - this was not the place to start ranting about it but

Tom said:
its just that nobody bothers trying to hack them.

Then surely that's a good thing, if there are just as many holes on each, but people only attack IE then that's a good enough reason to go for firefox?

Also, IE is far more unstable, infact does not comply with certain web browsing standards (I foget which) and doesn't have tabular browsing, which is fantastic. There's no question that firefox is a far suprerior browser, end of story tbh.

Still, no need for ranting about it here tbh. I think Cyradix has the right answer.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Again at a tangent, but like I care :) IE doesn't work with anything that tries to use pngs properly for a start, and doesn't have any features of its own to add. If you want to add a firefox extension you just click the 'install' link next to it, not automatic I grant you but far from rocket science.

Back to the topic in hand, start IE, right click on its taskbar icon, choose move and just press the appropriate arrow key to bring it back into view. Hey Presto! Get it the size and place you want, kill all IE instances (the correct one last) and try opening it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom