Help please. Can't log in DAoC. :(

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Okay. I downloaded the Catacombs GFx engine for ToA, then the new patch.

And when this was done, i cudn't log in DAoC. It says the account or password i entered was incorrect.. Believe me, i have tried a bunch of times entering it over and over. Even tried with a m8's acc, still didnt work.

Please, help :mad:

-Cheers

P.S. Everytime i open my log in screen, i can choose between : Start Update. - Additional Downloads.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
aberr said:

And when this was done, i cudn't log in DAoC. It says the account or password i entered was incorrect.. Believe me, i have tried a bunch of times entering it over and over. Even tried with a m8's acc, still didnt work.

Please, help :mad:

-Cheers

P.S. Everytime i open my log in screen, i can choose between : Start Update. - Additional Downloads.

are you sure you didnt download the US veriosn ?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Check for capslock, and also, make sure you aren't patched to the US versions. Occasionally the clients do this. Just start up the game and look in the patcher if the version after patching is 1.75 or 1.76. :)

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Check for capslock, and also, make sure you aren't patched to the US versions. Occasionally the clients do this. Just start up the game and look in the patcher if the version after patching is 1.75 or 1.76. :)

Says its 1.76b. Is that the right one?

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
Just close the window again, same happens to me first time I open daoc. It works when you reopen (atleast for me).

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Gonz said:
Just close the window again, same happens to me first time I open daoc. It works when you reopen (atleast for me).

I have tried stuff like that about 100 times now :(

Though thx. Trying to re-install it all now, patch on 70% already. Hope this will work. Could there be any chance that i still can apply the ToA to Catacombs GFx engine? Since i reckon it's the 1.76b issue which got it twisted.

Safar

Fledgling Freddie
open you catacombs folder and find the file Update open it in notepad and check that the details read:

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat

This is what you should have to patch through to the European English servers.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Safar said:
open you catacombs folder and find the file Update open it in notepad and check that the details read:

Mythic Patch

This is what you should have to patch through to the European English servers.

except that will patch you to a Catacombs version of the game, and not ToA + Catacombs engine. I believe that GOA don't support this version of the game yet (the SI/ToA + Catacombs engine versions).

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
except that will patch you to a Catacombs version of the game, and not ToA + Catacombs engine. I believe that GOA don't support this version of the game yet (the SI/ToA + Catacombs engine versions).

Okay, ty. Then i will just avoid that untill they get ready to support a patch they officially posted. :twak:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
*pokes Zenythe or Requiel*
Is there an unofficial patch directory for the Cata-For-ToA engine on the EU patch server yet? One that we can unofficially use?

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, this is just annoying.

I re-installed my DAoC, and it still DL'ed the 1.76b patch.

Umm, why???? :mad:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
aberr said:
Ok, this is just annoying.

I re-installed my DAoC, and it still DL'ed the 1.76b patch.

Umm, why???? :mad:

You are using an american version. Are you installing from CD's?

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing DAoC on this acc for a long time now. These problems appeared after the patching of 1.75 (well it should be, though its 1.76 here).

Only ever played on Europe servers.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
aberr said:
I've been playing DAoC on this acc for a long time now. These problems appeared after the patching of 1.75 (well it should be, though its 1.76 here).

Only ever played on Europe servers.

Did you change the update.dat file? The only way what you can describe can happen is if one of the following has happened;
1- You have an american verison of the game
2- You have changed your update.dat file to point to the american patch servers (maybe to do the update faster?
3- You downloaded the free trial from camelot herald not the GOA site.

How did you install the game mate? off of CD's or via the net?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
aberr said:

This is not avaliable for the the EU yet mate. You have downloaded an American verison which has overwriten your EU files. You will need to change your update.dat file back and get a new .exe file aswell. THen the euro patcher will maek sure you have the right files.

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Did you change the update.dat file? The only way what you can describe can happen is if one of the following has happened;
1- You have an american verison of the game
2- You have changed your update.dat file to point to the american patch servers (maybe to do the update faster?
3- You downloaded the free trial from camelot herald not the GOA site.

How did you install the game mate? off of CD's or via the net?

Haven't done any of those. I install it off CD's. Which has been working for about 3 years now. Trying to patch the game again now, and will just delete the GFx engine upgrade completely from my PC.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
aberr said:
Haven't done any of those. I install it off CD's. Which has been working for about 3 years now. Trying to patch the game again now, and will just delete the GFx engine upgrade completely from my PC.

From your previous posts you have effectively done option 3 from above. As they are the same version of the files (Gfx engine).

Never download anything from camelot herald if you paly on the EU (unless you are familar with the process of changing you update file)

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
From your previous posts you have effectively done option 3 from above. As they are the same version of the files (Gfx engine).

Okay, well, hoping that it will work when i don't apply the Gfx engine. Update on 40% atm, still needing 50mb.

Edit: - When 1.76 ships for Europe customers, will i then be able to apply the Gfx engine patch?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mythic made the catacombs client free to everyone (but not the zones/content) - I imagine GOA will follow suit at some point but dunno :)

the other option is to buy catacombs (it's all of 6 quid from play.com) and get the zones+characters too.

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
mythic made the catacombs client free to everyone (but not the zones/content) - I imagine GOA will follow suit at some point but dunno :)

the other option is to buy catacombs (it's all of 6 quid from play.com) and get the zones+characters too.

Haven't checked the english prices, since im from Denmark. And it was about 30-35£ here. Which i just didnt wanna spend one more time for a expansion. Though, thanks, and now i will propably order it.

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Yay, it works now :D! At last. Just avoided any of the US parts, like Gfx engine, like Ballard said. Thanks very much everyone which helped me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom