Help <-------Noob

S

strykerx

Ok, i just subscribed online using a debit card. I d/l gamebar and installed it. I select CS and click 'play now' only to be told that it is checking my version of gamebar, and if the page is fully loaded it is probably the wrong version or something.

Anyone know what i have to do to get it to work?

D

Deadmanwalking

I take it you have just left it there to check the version??

T

Trebz

Hi strykerx,

What operating system and version of internet explorer are you running?

Cheers,
Dan

S

strykerx

A/ yes i have left it to check. and check. and check......

B/ Windows ME and IE version 6.0.2600

I have seen the jpeg of what the toolbar looks like, but it isnt showing on my explorer. I have ticked and unticked the gamebar in views, but still nothing.

T

Trebz

It sounds like a bug we've had reported frequently on 98/ME systems. However, keep an eye out tomorrow as we will be releasing a new bar that will hopefully fix this issue. For now, I suggest uninstalling the current bar in preparation for tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvieniance.

S

strykerx

NP,S

Thanks for the replies guys.

p.s. I take it my 3 month subscription wont be starting until tomorrow then?

Oh, and does anyone know how we go about entering a clan in the BWCSL and how much it costs?

We used to play in BWCSL before it became pay to play, and maybe looking to rejoin, but i cant seem to locate the relevant info on the site :s

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ LSN ][ Le Soleil Noir ][ UK CS Clan ][ #lsn - Quakenet ]

B

bigfoot

If you want I can extend your sub period by a couple of days, send in a support form with your details and I will sort that out for you.

With regards to the BWCSL, if you drop richardclarke@blueyonder.co.uk a mail he will be able to explain how to join, the competitions is quite full so I am not sure how many spaces there currently are.

E

Embattle

BTW you can still connect without using the Bar if necessary ;)

T

Trebz

The latest gamebar is now live, this should hopefully solve the windows 98 install issue, let me know how it goes!

GameBar 1041

E

Embattle

Originally posted by strykerx
Nice, how though?

2 other methods:

1. Logon on the the Game website via the front page http://play.game.net/, where it says email/password. Then click on the button MY GAME.NET and then Subscription, once on this screen click on the words Update IP Address and then on the button Update IP Address which will now update and allow you to use a program like All Seeing Eye(ASE) to connect to servers.

2. GAME provide a little tray app, get it here http://play.game.net/apps/gamelogon/default.asp, called GAMElogon. This automates the process of logging on to GAME.net so you can access the BW servers through programs like ASE.

Try Trebz new gamebar first though ;)

M

Maljonic

don't know if you're still having problems but I had the same thing last week. If you pull down the 'view' menu at the top and look at the 'Toolbars' menu, see if 'GameBar' has a tick next to it. If it doesn't, tick it; if it does untick it then tick it again, that fixed it for me:)

S

strykerx

Thanks gents, the new gamebar works fine.
Wow, help forums that actually help? Whatever wil lthey think of next? ;)

The only problem ive found so far, is that all the CS servers are empty, but im sure they will fill up.

BTW, please all pop in #lsn and say hello :D

M

Maljonic

personnaly I like to play later on, after 9ish, to avoid all the kiddies moaning about hacking and aimbots etc ad nauseum:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom