help needed

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
having a problem running cammy on my new box
after about 5 to 10 mins it powers off the system and will not reboot for about 5 mins the cpu temp is running at around 45c so cpu is fine
spec is 1.5g ram
3gig 64bit amd
x800 pro radaon
running windows xp pro

is dose not crash when just running windows

any clues

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
usualy when it wont reboot(start?) for a few mins its because of a short circuit. but it dont sound like that in your case :<
you checked the Fan on your gfx card and the temp of its cpu?.

ps. think your should have posted this thread here tho

Comos

Loyal Freddie
have you tried running stress tests to see what's causing the shutdown? If your system can survive a stress test/benchmark like 3dmark 03, Prime95 (for the cpu) AND Sandra stresstest (sisoftware) only then you can be sure it's a daoc related problem. If I were you I'd try those 3 tests, it's the only way to be sure if there's something overheating, or something.
I'd do the Prime95 test last, since you say your cpu temp is ok, it's prolly something else. Prime95 is also best left on all night, cuz it stress tests your cpu by looking for a Mersene Prime number, which is like a normal prime number, only written in another form (but dont think you'd be interested in the mathematical background behind it :p). Anyways gl with the tests, sisoftware has the best one imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom