Help needed !

W

Wij

I just ordered "Dead Of Night" (1945 classic british horror) on DVD from Amazon.com \o/

If you haven't seen this then you must do asap.

Anyway, I was trying to think of another film that really creeped me out. This one was in colour. Probably made in the seventies. It mainly seemed to feature a couple of upper class blokes in a country house or driving around in a twenties style car. I seem to remember that one of them was a purposeful chappie and the other was a bit of a bumbling hanger-on. I presume it was british since the characters were.

Bah, I can't remember much more about it. Can anyone help or point me at a search engine that would allow me to search for british horror films of the seventies and such like. IMDb doesn't seem to let me do this.

I need to know :(

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by Wij
It mainly seemed to feature a couple of upper class blokes in a country house or driving around in a twenties style car.

Err, the only thing that sounds like to me is Withnail & I!

If no-one's got it before then, I guarantee CJRavey will know what this is and probably have it on video. He's back tomorrow, so I'll ask him.

W

Wij

Aha !

I'm pretty sure now that it was Ghost Story. Only got 5.1 on IMDb (as opposed to Dead Of Night's 7.8) but I vaguely remember it creeping me out quite well. Maybe I was on acid at the time.

Oooh no - that doll. It was horrid !

W

Wij

I know Dead Of Night very well. It was Ghost Story I was trying to remember :)

Dead Of Night > ALL !!!!!!!!1

G

GDW

"Devil Rides Out" was another one that fits your description a bit Wij

Users who are viewing this thread