Help needed with account details

O

old.cutgrass

This may seem a stupid question coming from a long term player but I recently gave my game copy to someone at work as I had decided to stop playing. I was not giving him my account as I had deleted all my characters anyway - so I'm not in breach of the CoC however the problem started when he wanted to set up an account.

We discovered that the CD key is keyed to the Game Logon and Password, so I gave him those - easy enough, he can play the game now.

The problem is that we can't find any way for him to either set up his own charging account or for me to clear out my billing details so he can use my old charging account. It seems that if I give him my subscription login and password it gives him the ability to renew my subscription on my credit card (the one I originaly set up) as I cant find any way to clear out my details or even to change them.

Have I missed something obvious here? How can I hand over my subscription password and login in such a way that he will be able to switch the charging to his own credit card.

I did wonder if the 'new account' button on the game login pop up was the way for him to do it but all that returns is an error page.

Can anyone help?

J

Jupitus

I think that once you access the billing page and pay for a given period, going back to that page with the same login details will NOT reveal the CC details used previously. This ought to mean that you can safely give the new owner the login details and they can renew the supscription without risk of finding your CC details.

Obvious way to check - you try to access your CC details before passing the username and password over.

I think that's correct anyway...

Good luck,
Jup.

O

old.cutgrass

I can't get the CC details but I can set a charge to it - just select subscription periond and then validate. It appears to be settnig the charge against the account I set up previously.

V

VidX

Yes, if you renew the account you will not be able to change the details.

The only way you can change the detail sis aftet the account subscription has expired, and the account is closed. Then after a few days you will need to go in and enter the details for the credit card again.

There really should be a Change Card Details facility there, but unfortunately there isn't :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom