Help my comp is fucked up :(

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
I've been getting this error lately more and more often and i just formated recently so i have totaly no idea why my comp does this.
I get an error and DAoC is shut down.

Error signarure: AppName: game.dll AppVer: 0.1.5.2 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0fa80c16

and then when i press ok it says error in game.dll: The instruction at "0x2100e307" referenced memory at "0x02ab5fc8". The memory could not be "read".

I dunno what the hell to do so if any of you know how i can fix this problem (cause it's kinda anoying my DAoC crashing all the time) then please share your knowledge :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
have you tried re-installing daoc? updating to latest drivers for gfx card? re-installing windows? cleaning up registry files etc etc? :p

Shamyn

Fledgling Freddie
lol, typical windows error, shitloads of information but none of it is of any use :roll:

Bill Gates should be shot :flame:

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Check drivers are up to date, delete game.dll and download it again using patcher, check for spyware and viruses, run memcheck86 to check its not RAM problem and make sure virtual memory is turned on. That should do it :D

Polyp

Fledgling Freddie
Reinstalling Daoc should help. Sounds like your files have become corrupt.

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
tried reinstalling DAoC 2 times and as i said i formated recently. I think my drivers are updated but i'll check em and deleting game.dll and dl'ing it again might be an idea. Anyway thanks for the info guys hope it helps :)

Tomtefan

Fledgling Freddie
Hm well, I have that problem as well, could you post the specs of your computer? :) (Would probably make it easy to isolate what causes it)

EDIT: And reinstalling doesn't help against it. I even had someone with a "working" install send me his install in order to test it, same problem is still there.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Same happens to me, however it only happens when I run my CPU at the correct frequency Oo

AMD XP 2000
512MB DDR RAM
G4 ti4200
Windows XP

I'm not sure why the CPU is acting weird, it's running fine as an Athlon 1250mhz, yet when I play DAOC with the correct settings, I will crash with roughly if not the same errors as the original poster. Sometimes it crashes on loading etc. Formatting/reinstalling didn't help.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Yussef said:
Same happens to me, however it only happens when I run my CPU at the correct frequency Oo

AMD XP 2000
512MB DDR RAM
G4 ti4200
Windows XP

I'm not sure why the CPU is acting weird, it's running fine as an Athlon 1250mhz, yet when I play DAOC with the correct settings, I will crash with roughly if not the same errors as the original poster. Sometimes it crashes on loading etc. Formatting/reinstalling didn't help.

I had the same problem for a while. With mine the issue was because I forgot to put thermal paste on the processor so it wasn't making good enough contact with the fan and was overheating. Firing up daoc killed it everytime even when I was underclocking it.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing this is a hardware/ firmware issue. What's happening is that bits are being incorrectly flipped during some part of the cycle which is why your computer thinks it needs to access an inappropriate address in the memory map. Windows can pick it up and flag that an error has occurred, but that doesn't mean it is a software error (ie. the software might have been trying to do the Right Thing(tm) but the instruction/ address may have become corrupted while it was trying to run.)

Lots of shit can cause that. Overheating on various parts of the board, poor soldering connections or whatever (as has been described above), gamma radiation etc.

Um, I realise this isn't much help with finding a solution, but I'm not surprised that reinstalling didn't work. I second the advice to use verification tools to check your memory and as much of the rest of the hardware as you can.

Does it do this immediately on loading DaoC, or a few hours into a session? (If the latter, then it sounds very much like overheating. Get more fans.)

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure RAM isn't the problem, I've swapped it and still encounter the errors. The crash can happen when I start it or after a few hours. So I would imagine it would be the CPU/graphic card?

What are the best verification tools to check those? Thanks.

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
I'm pretty sure RAM isn't the problem, I've swapped it and still encounter the errors. The crash can happen when I start it or after a few hours. So I would imagine it would be the CPU/graphic card?

What are the best verification tools to check those? Thanks.
USE PCMARK 2004 from www.madonion.com it is large to download but it will test your system

also as posted before:

http://www.dachshundsoftware.com/index.html

i run anticrash, hare and zoom and it makes thing run nicely. the programs also sort out your registry and the drivers (so they run on a need only basis so you have more system resources).

there are plenty of places to find "copies of the full version" on the net as the trial only runs for 20 trys.

(btw don't bother with battery doubler (unless you have a laptop) and juggle mouse)

also a lil tip don't have anticrash enabled when running DAoC it keeps trying to fix it and fails. there is an option to disable it

remember serials 2000 are your friend http://www.serialz.to/s2kupdates.html

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
I've tryed getting a new game.dll and updated all my drivers then i had been playiong 2 days with no problem and now i loged in 2 accs which shouldbe posible as i got 7xx ddr ram and 1,7 ghz. But then it crashed and now it does it often again... .Haven't tryed the recent sugestion typed in the 4-5 posts above but will try em this evening and give a feddback if it works or not.

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
Is your memory running at the same frequency as the bus speed on your CPU?

Say, if you have an AMD of some sort with bus speed 133MHz, you can run
one memory stick at 133MHz, but add another and the system reports 266MHz.
If the CPU has a 133MHz bus speed and your memory runs at 200 or 166,
there will be problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom