Help me !!! plzzzz !

J

jamesdean

Hi I went to my m8s house to install daoc so he could play on my account when I was on, and after the game has installed it says illigal cd and the game goes off and my cd drive disappears.

help !

F

Flimgoblin

strange...

you're running the game with the CD in the drive yeah? (need to do that the first time - but not any time after that)

T

tris-

you cant even connect to the same account twice at any one time anyway.

J

jamesdean

yea game is in cd rom drive, its a cd writer crappy thing it sounds like it is doing something then dies.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by jamesdean
Hi I went to my m8s house to install daoc so he could play on my account when I was on...

don't worry, make him buy a copy, you can't run two instances of the same game anyway as it uses the CD key (afaik) to validate the license. Even if he creates a subscription, it won't validate, as the CD key is registered to your account.

Buy DAoC and SI bundle from amazon here its not a bad price really...

T

Teh Krypt

So he can play your account? Please check the coc. :)

I

inuyasha

As long as the cd key you have written is a valid and registered one (which it seem to be), you can use the same cd key to play on two different subscriptions.

However, you cannot suscribe twice on one cd key, so if you want your friend to play with you, you will need to buy a new cd regardless to register it :D

A

Arwen

You can install the same game on 15 computers and it will still work, the matter of using the account wasn't even in question, and you will find installing the game on multiple computers using the same CD Verification is not against the CoC :)

The reason for this must be his computer, the illegal copy notice is a standard error message, and i'm guessing it only comes on if he Ctrl+Alt+Dels it? I would seriously suggest against buying another copy of the game, it won't work.

D

daoc_person

mine does that!!

Ok, so I borrowed my m8's disc, coz I wanted 2 play on HIS account. I installed the game, double clicked the icon on desktop and then it came up with the message "ONE MOMENT PLEASE..." Well, ive got a cd re-writer... it sounded like it was tryin 2 do somethin and then it just died. If u press ctl-alt-del and then end the task it says ILLEGAL COPY (default error), but if u dont do nethin it just cuts off (it also makes your cd-rom drive invisible!!)

A

Arwen

I've figured it out! Your using a CD-Writer, and it doesn't pass the SafeDisc copy protection that the CD has, you need to use a different drive. And as far as i know playing on your friends account is against the CoC but that's not my concern :p

A

Arwen

Send him your copy of camelot.exe (which is what the cd will create) and it will work.

S

SoulFly Amarok

The CD-KEY is only used for account creation, that's it. You don't need to type it anywhere ;I

S

SilverHood

its just there to confuse new players I think

O

old.Jeriraa

Re: Re: Help me !!! plzzzz !

Originally posted by The Real Redi
Buy DAoC and SI bundle from amazon here its not a bad price really...

Do you need DAoC at all to create an account? You dont need it to run SI. And you should be able to create an account with the SI cd-key shouldnt you?

Edit: What I meant is that SI is a completly new installation and doesnt need ANY old DAoC components.

A

Addlcove

Re: Re: Re: Help me !!! plzzzz !

Originally posted by old.Jeriraa
Do you need DAoC at all to create an account? You dont need it to run SI. And you should be able to create an account with the SI cd-key shouldnt you?

Edit: What I meant is that SI is a completly new installation and doesnt need ANY old DAoC components.

true

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom