Help me please

O

old.FusY

Right, rebooted my computer after it had been on for a while. It loaded up in a 800x600 resolution. This being a bit strange, I went into display settings and tried to change it. I changed the resolution, and tried to change the refresh rate, but i couldnt. For some reason it will not detect my graphics card (Geforce 2 Mx).
I went into device manager and looked for problems. I have a little exclamation mark by *intelR 82845 AGP Controller. After uninstalling / reinstalling that and a few reboots later, the problem still was there ( :( )

I then went to Add/Remove programs and uninstalled / installed the drivers for my card. It installed them ok, but still did not detect my card after a reboot.

After speaking to some people about it, they say the only way to fix this is to either
a) Format
b) Buy a new graphics card

I dont mind doing either, but I would like to know. If I bought a new graphics card, would that fix the problem, same for format.

Also if anyone knows of a way to fix it without going to these measures, it would be greatly appreciated :(

L

~Lazarus~

Fusy,

Had the same problem (with the same card) when I trie to update the drivers from 12.41 to 21.83.

If I remember, I TOTALLY uninstalled the GFX card (removed the drivers, physically removed card from machine and rebooted.

This detected the onboard gfx and booted fine (to safe mode)

Shut the system down.
inserted the GFX card
Restarted the system
Installed gfx card (from CS
Updated back to 12.41

Eventually got it working. If I was you, I would double check that the drivers are still there.

O

old.FusY

Im on Xp. I used system rollback. Its fine now. Very nice feature that :)

Thanks for your help anyway. Still dont know what was wrong, but nevermind :)

Users who are viewing this thread