Help Me Please!

B

BubbleCDR

hi all. i'm having problems with SI. i just get through the loading screen and stuff and it just go link-dead every time! ive got 192mg of RAM a SiS 630/730 graphics card not sure how much mg that is tho. any ideas please any help will be great thanks

A

Archeon

Think SI requires 265mb of ram as a minimum... atleast thats what it says on the box (384mb recommended)

B

BubbleCDR

i know many people using 128mg and there running fine. i think its just my luck. :'( ill maybe ask my mum to buy me a Gforce nvidia 4 pro for christmas. oh. wait, thats another 10months off... awww :(

L

-Lonewolf-

Its your gfx card that is the problem best to get a GeForce 2+ to ensure it will work mate

B

BubbleCDR

Yeh a friend said i just need latest drivers for it. if anybody could PLEASE post a URL to the latest drivers for a SiS 630/730 i'd be most gratefull. thanks alot if you helped/help

L

-Lonewolf-

Heh must have posted that at the same time

B

BubbleCDR

This is the plan/story -

My motherbored blew so i got it repaired with totally new motherbored + onbored modem and GFX card and Sound Card.
Before that i had A GFORCE 2! i dont think the guy took it out. so if i got the latest drivers for the GFROCE would the gforce work instead of the Shitty SiS crap?

Thx for all the help guy's

A

Alrindel

A GeForce 2 will play SI at an acceptable speed, but you won't get all the new graphic effects, notably the new water. For almost everything else it should be fine.

B

Barek_Pureblade

ok, you say you are using a SiS gfx card, is your Geforce in your pc too? if so you could be getting probs with having two gfx cards on one PC, i would advise your disable your onboard GFX if at all pos. and use your Geforce.

B

BubbleCDR

How tho?
Can u just tell me by steping it out?

eg 1)
2)
3)

Ive got windows ME.192mg of ram. if thats any use

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by BubbleCDR
How tho?
Can u just tell me by steping it out?

eg 1)
2)
3)

Ive got windows ME.192mg of ram. if thats any use

all bow to the stupidity, Bubble READ THE MANUAL, and if you didn't get one FIND ONE ON THE NET

K

kronos

sis gcard

im not 100% but you better check how much shared mb of system ram your g card is using u can alter the number from 16 to 256 mb i think maybe you are using only 16 mb set to 32 to atleast get some fps ;)

sis onboard sucks if you can get your gf2 card working will still be crap but atleast high end of the crap spectrum ;)

btw to alter its aperture size press delete key when u start up your computer then u will enter your bios [or u should ;)]
carnt remember the exact place to look for the onboard graphics aperture size so look around but dont alter any other values as u may screw up ya system. then page up and down in most cases to alter value.

not good at explaining things but atleast i gave a it a shot not sure if it will do anything but it might :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Bubble, you should be able to disable your on-board graphics from the bios. Start up your PC and hit 'Delete' when it says to get into the bios(or just spam 'delete' on start up).

From the bios you'll need to find the setting for on-board graphics - it's likely to be in a section called 'Integrated Peripherals', but maybe elsewhere (depending on the bios). Find the option and disable it. Then save the bios settings and exit.

Plug your monitot into the GeForce card and hopefully you'll get a signal. If you don't then the card is either not installed properly or not working. Once you get to this stage boot up and install the latest stable GeForce drivers using the instructions given.

B

BubbleCDR

The manual for the PC?..
It's at my dads because his PC went wonkey and his m8 wanted to use it (he had the same PC as me)

Thx kronos. sure it will help. Im not looking for the new GFX im looking for the new places in SI and new classes and races. GFX doesnt really bother me but anything is nice for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom