Confused Help me FH ! on finding a course

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Hey there basically I've been waiting to do an Access to Higher Education course in ICT(Adult version of A Levels), but I've just learnt the college in town has stopped doing it from last year. Now I'm looking for places elsewhere in Essex that either offer the same course or something similar. Looking to end up in doing Computer science and I know Uni's accept these particular courses.

I've found one so far:
http://www.havering-college.ac.uk/the-college/courses/coursedetail.aspx?c=15000040522276

but I would think more than college would offer the course in essex ? been looking online but no success any help would be much appreiated.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
A. Im over 18 (was told a while ago over 18's can't do them hence why there is Access courses)
B. It's a 2 year course (Access is 1 year)

Anyway I've applied to the one posted above as there literally no where else to be found anyway.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
A. Im over 18 (was told a while ago over 18's can't do them hence why there is Access courses)
B. It's a 2 year course (Access is 1 year)

Anyway I've applied to the one posted above as there literally no where else to be found anyway.

I did A-Levels at nightschool when I was 22. Was a while ago though.

gohan

FH is my second home
You can do A level's at whatever age you want, but only as home courses, afaik they won't enrol you on an A level course at college because of the massive age difference between like 16 and 22 in terms of maturity etc.
also the Access course is faster and cheaper and just as well regarded by UCAS. Just finished my Access course last month and am starting at Southampton uni in Oct on a 4 years Masters in Chemistry (entry criteria is AAB or 45 Distictions out of 60 credits for Access). The course I did didn't offer any ICT tho it seemed mainly health and social or science based, could choose any 3 of socialology, phsycology, English Litt, Health care, biology, chemistry and Advanced Maths and then had to do study skills as a 4th subject. might be worth contacting the unis you want to attend and asking them what colleges they would sugest? study skills has a lot of computer based assignments but they could be done easily by a 12 year old, I left all of them until about 30 mins before they were due in and got mostly distictions so even tho one of the modules is labled ICT I wouldn't bet on it being accepted by a Uni

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom