Help me decide (please) pryd/mid - pryd/alb

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
With clustering comming up soon, id like to make the final decision on which realm to play on pryd. Otherwise ill just be stuck on excal.

So...

Pryd/Alb
Played for about 3 years before quitting the game
No charactes left, so starting from /level 20
Still have some old friends that hang around there
Love the Theurg and Pally classes

Pryd/Mid
Never played mid properly before
Bored of the "human" look, so hib and mid are appealing now
Dont know a thing about mid - will be fun exploring and getting lost

Arghhhhhhhhh I just cant decide, one thing thio - id love to level two charactes at the same time of which one would be a buffer, the less downtime the better, eg on alb would go for a necro+cleric

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Alb = easymode epic PvE with theurgs, minstrels etc.
Mid = easymode PL/exping with supp sms and shaman bots.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If you've played Alb and Hib a lot I'd suggest midgard. It was the realm I started on and I still think there are better mob camps there than the other realms. I also prefered the lands in middie especially SI and Raumarik/Malmo.

I don't play there anymore though, didn't gel with the local population :p

I'd honestly say try mid mate, otherwise you've not even touched on 1/3rd of the game. Shaman + SM would be a nice pairing, actually shaman + anything works pretty well. Hell I even liked playing a shaman in RvR :-P

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
any spec healer (base stun) + hexing warlock is evul too :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
try mid, high level pve is a pain if you dont have ml9_suppression sm but otherwise its nice :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Lol so many saying mid - any points of view from alb ?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Dorin said:
try mid, high level pve is a pain if you dont have ml9_suppression sm but otherwise its nice :p
Summoning not supp and Midgard is a great realm, until you start with ToA, forget 1½ hour ML4 raids and 2 hour ML6 raids, heck even forget doing ML10 without 30 people(in a reasonable time ie. less then 6 hours :p)

But when you start to RvR however, its well worth it - easymode ftw!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
Summoning not supp and Midgard is a great realm, until you start with ToA, forget 1½ hour ML4 raids and 2 hour ML6 raids, heck even forget doing ML10 without 30 people(in a reasonable time ie. less then 6 hours :p)

yeh meant summoning xD and ofc i covered arties only.... master level trials are just A PAAAAin

true :s

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
go alb, then you can smite!

but if you've never tried mid give it a shot :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I tried midgard, but solo is boring and I find the landscape to be barren and desolate. :(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:

Why summoning ? isnt this the pet buff line - kinda useless if ill be doing a spiritmaster+shaman combo ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mid has some great classes for exping and RvR but they really are the redheaded bastard stepchild when it comes to high end PvE, the lack of a pet spamming class really hurts them but how do you add one without seriously compromising an already confused RvR setup. At the end of the day if you want to get ML10 in any reasonable amount of time go Albion and perhaps try a cleric/cabby combo but if you want a new experience with very strong classes packed with utility and done don't mind waiting months to get ML's done the Midgard is the realm for you. Personally I would have loved to play Midgard but I find it such a depressing realm to level and quest in that I always give up after a week because the place is BLEAK! :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Decision made.

I logged into Mid last night, created a nice Frosty spiritmaster and shaman combo, found the 10-20 instance dungeon and was pulling pretty fast, things were going well until i exited the dungeon.

The landscape was brown, void of life - reminded me of work
The troll merchant at the local town just reminded me of my boss
The little Kobold reminded me of our IT Support desk

I spend all day in a dull drab boring office, and no offence to any other mid players but damn... the only thing to make these zones habitable would be some female Luri's wrestling in all the mud.

So, back to Alb i went.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Helme said:
You play a RM and say it's easy mode, that's somewhat strange to me :>

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
the only thing to make these zones habitable would be some female Luri's wrestling in all the mud.
Why do you think they try and invade Hibernia? :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Mid has some great classes for exping and RvR but they really are the redheaded bastard stepchild when it comes to high end PvE, the lack of a pet spamming class really hurts them but how do you add one without seriously compromising an already confused RvR setup. At the end of the day if you want to get ML10 in any reasonable amount of time go Albion and perhaps try a cleric/cabby combo but if you want a new experience with very strong classes packed with utility and done don't mind waiting months to get ML's done the Midgard is the realm for you. Personally I would have loved to play Midgard but I find it such a depressing realm to level and quest in that I always give up after a week because the place is BLEAK! :)

If Mythic had been smart they would have made the warlock into midgards petspam class :/ Everyone would have been happy with that - just make it summon daemons or some such, and mix its abilities from theurg and animist. Mid would have gotten easier high level pve and there would not have been another overpowered rvr class introduced.

About mid beeing bleak, well, myself i have always found the mid landscape the most appealing :) To me it looks the most realistic - the other 2 realms colouring/setting always felt like something out of a 60's musical to me.
But i guess it has alot to do with where you first started out in the game and possibly also where you are from irl.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
To me it looks the most realistic - the other 2 realms colouring/setting always felt like something out of a 60's musical to me.
But i guess it has alot to do with where you first started out in the game and possibly also where you are from irl.

Quite often I ran over the hills of albion singing about Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Quite often I ran over the hills of albion singing about Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens.

Actually this would explain alot about albs o_O

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:

haha

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Nah, i've always seen Albion as green and pleasant, appropriate really as to quote William Blake and his poem 'Milton'

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land

Amusing that it got hijacked by Sir Hubert Parry a couple of hundred years later and turned (along with the rest of the piece) into the song which kinda became a second, unofficial, national anthem for the UK, Jerusalem.

More disturbing is the fact that some idiot politician wanted to have the song banned for being too nationalistic or some crap like that... Idiot :(

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Alb = easymode epic PvE with theurgs, minstrels etc.
Mid = easymode PL/exping with supp sms and shaman bots.

what easymode is there about mincers in pve? ;)

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
Nah, i've always seen Albion as green and pleasant, appropriate really as to quote William Blake and his poem 'Milton'

Amusing that it got hijacked by Sir Hubert Parry a couple of hundred years later and turned (along with the rest of the piece) into the song which kinda became a second, unofficial, national anthem for the UK, Jerusalem.

More disturbing is the fact that some idiot politician wanted to have the song banned for being too nationalistic or some crap like that... Idiot :(

Anthem for England perhaps .... but not for the rest of the UK.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Rookiescot said:
Anthem for England perhaps .... but not for the rest of the UK.

A fair point...

Flower of Scotland >>>> Jerusalem any day :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom