help....JA mod 1.3

D

darknight1

I totally dont know how to install it...can someone plz help me?

although it says in the readme file:

Create a directory like this:

X:\...\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\academy
where 'X:\...\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\' is the path where you installed Jedi Knight II. Now you can start the server with the '+set fs_game academy' argument.

Example:
jk2mp.exe +set fs_game academy +exec server.cfg +exec academy.cfg

i still dont get it...........plz help!!

thxxxxxx

L

[LAMM] Cyb

I guess you have downloaded the zip file of the JA mod. You just extract all the files to the gamedata folder where it will create a new directory "academy".
Once done you go to the shortcut where you always start JK2 with, click on it with the right mouse and click on properties.
There you will find something like this:
'X:\...\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\jk2mp.exe
you should add:
+set fs_game academy +exec server.cfg +exec academy.cfg
So in total you get something like this:
'X:\...\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\jk2mp.exe +set fs_game academy +exec server.cfg +exec academy.cfg
Now you click ok and start the game.
Then go to create server, fill in how you like your server to be and make sure you fill 'internet' at 'dedicated'.
Your game will shut down and a server window will appear.

Now you are all done. Just restart your game and join your own server.

F

FragFodder

Not a bad explination :)

However I feel there's something improtant you have overlooked... In the properties for the shortcut you will find the Path to the .exe file in "" (quotes). eg:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\JediOutcast.exe"

To make it work you need to add the mod arguements AFTER the quotes, so for the above example...

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\JediOutcast.exe" +set fs_game academy +exec server.cfg +exec academy.cfg

Will do the job :)

FF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom