Help, invalid cd key

R

rfj_his_son

I have just purchase DAOC and Shrouded isles in a single pack, 2 cd's, brand new.
When I try to run the software it asks for a cd key, and when I enter the key it tells me it's invalid.
I tried the DAOC site but it is useless. Can anyone help, or give me contact information where I can get some help?

the key is 33 characters long (37 with -'s as well), as in
7-7-7-7-5

Frustrating or what!!!

R

rfj_his_son

I'd love to, but in their wisdom the good people at Daoc only allow questions from registered users.
I can't register because my cd key is invalid.

not impressed so far, and I've not even tried the game yet

Z

zion2k3

i KNOW what your talking about, im standing in a similar situation.

When i registered the website crashes and detects the creation of my account but wont allow me to create a User ID/Password.

And when i try to re-register is says that an account with this cd-key already exists.

Thats just great!!!!

S

samba72

Zion, you have the exact same problem as me, I also bought the DAOC & SI bundle, got all the way through registration and then crashed. Now also like you it says that an account already exists with my cd key but I haven't received an e-mail with my account details yet. I emailed them last Thursday about this and still nothing. Its a crock of shit to be honest.

Z

zion2k3

This kind of problem should NOT be able to happend.
These guys should know better.

R

rfj_his_son

looks like I'll be taking the cd's back to the store then, since customer support would appear to be non-existant, and I'm upset before ever even playing the thing, lol

Don't they have their own forum then?

A

Addlcove

too bad they took down the popfag at the site really...

just ad 2 random characters to the end of the cdkey, that should work

R

rfj_his_son

I tried adding two characters to the end of the key, it still tells me at the registration page that I have an invalid registration key.
Ah well

R

rfj_his_son

yes, I emailed them yesterday, and had no response.

B

Belsameth

I think they're being swarmed in questions at the moment, and however unfortunate this is, there's not much you can do

D

Damini

I would say just be patient. I know that's galling as hell, and I'm the first to admit I've had problems with customer support in the past (and I had a total paddy over it too!) but hopefully either someone will come up with an answer here soon, or GOA will be in touch.

R

rfj_his_son

are there supposed to be 2 separate cd keys when you buy the combi pack of DAOC and Shrouded Isle?
I only have 1 cd key, printed on the back of the manual.

Boy, this is about as frustrating as it gets with a game, unable to run the flaming thing

Z

zion2k3

Well then you have a BIG problem i think....

If i where u would go to the store where u bought the game and tell them that u NEED a cd-key to play SI.

I dont think DAoC will give u a cd-key.

R

rfj_his_son

game returned to store, exchanged for a copy which had 2 (TWO, count them) CD Key's one for DAOC and one for SI

Thanks for the help everyone, still haven't heard from the company tho

Z

zion2k3

If u just got yourself a totally new box with 2 new cd-keys.... then i would try and register again all over.... if i was u.

I dont think there will happen any problems with subscription now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom