Help for the Helpless

• Thread starter old.UnforgivenEdge
  • Start date
O

old.UnforgivenEdge

Hi, can anyone help me please?

I recently dug out a copy of PC Gamer (January 2002 edition) and on the DVD was a trial version of DAoC. I banged it in my PC and installed it and then read the help file, it told me this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACCOUNT AND CD-KEY

You need a CD-Key and an account (login name and password) to play Dark Age of Camelot. This information will be required on running the game (the CD-Key is only needed the first time but the login name and password are required each time you run the game).
You must register on the game's official European website to get these codes :

http://www.camelot-europe.com

You will be given a CD-Key and a login name/password. This information is confidential and may not, under any circumstances, be revealed to anyone else (including staff members). Game staff reserve the right to stagger the opening of fresh accounts in order to ensure the best possible service. The use of these accounts is authorized for a limited time period only and all characters and accounts will be destroyed at the end of this period.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'm not normally the noob type, sure I'm not the brightest guy in the world :)D ) but I followed these instructions and when I got to the camelot-europe.com website I couldn't find a sign up for for the trial. Am I too late to play the trial or am I just not looking hard enough? It said that I would be given a CD-Key and then a login name/password upon registration, but I can't find a signup form for the trial and the only signup form I could find was one for the full game, which requires that I have a CD key, which I don't have because the help file told me that the website would give that to me...do you see my predicament? :(

Please can anyone help me sort this out, I'm dying to try DAoC but it's difficult to persuade my dad to buy me anything unless he knows that I absolutely want it, and I'm not 100 percent sure that I want DAoC at the moment, that's why a trial would be great for me.

Thanks in advance everyone,

Chris,
Braindead British Bugger ;)

O

old.Nafta

Ah well, to put it short, you're to late. Buy the game, it's worth the money.

K

Khalen

If you like RPG's, like to kill enemies (spiders, frogs, bears, undead etc.) and love to team with others from all over then you should definitely buy this game. I'm playing for over 2 months now (and played beta as well) and still love it from the day that I started. This game is really addictive!

O

old.stroke

To make it clear.
The 'trial' version was for the open beta that ended in mid february. After that the game went live and now you have to pay for it.

It's fun, though. Don't regret buying it (except it takes too much time :p)

O

old.UnforgivenEdge

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated :)

I'm a very big fan of RPGs yes, been playing EverQuest for 3 years now, but I've seen and done it all (at least almost all, never managed to kill some of the mega boss mobs like Lord Inquisitor Seru or Emporer Ssraeszha (sp?) but I feel like it's time to move on heh.

I've tried other RPGs and they've all fallen short of EQ (Legend of Mir, Anarchy Online, Ultima Online, Lineage) so I'm gonna have to try and persuade my dad to get my DAoC :)

Sucks to be a poor student sometimes ;)

O

old.Kioshin

Yeh its a brill game and you are to late for the beta version and buy it if you like gtting your ACOUNT TERMINATED FOR JACK SH*T

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by Kioshin
Yeh its a brill game and you are to late for the beta version and buy it if you like gtting your ACOUNT TERMINATED FOR JACK SH*T

umm.. ?

when it says your account has been terminated it basicly means you havent payed your monthly fee.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

If you like EQ you'll definitely like DAOC. It's a very similar game in many ways, and improves upon EQ in the following areas:

1. Interface and ease of use.

Though EQ has many more interface features when you get to know it DAOC is easier to get into. Some features are really nice additions, though: friends list and LFG tools in particular.

2. Graphics

Better graphics generally (and I have EQ SoL and a high end spec), though not the overall variety found in EQ.

3. RvR

While there will always be complaints about balance I think DAOC has done a good job with its PvP. Conceptually, I think RvR really works.

There are some things EQ has that DAOC doesn't (significantly more content, especially) but you'll have as much fun in DAOC as you did in EQ (and you did spend three years there :))

Users who are viewing this thread