Help for a new champ plz

Dwun

Fledgling Freddie
New to the realm and already started a Celt Champ, great fun but I am having trouble sorting my final spec.

Now he is 27 lvl and his spec is:

Shield 25
Blades 17
Valor 20
Parry 6

Most people tell me that Valor and LW is the spec to go for but with only my single line 40 lvl respec available I am stcuk for my final spec.

Would this work?

Shield 42
Valor 50
LW 34
Parry 20

or this?

Shield 42
Valor 50
LW 34
Blades 12
Parry 15

I know that i can ofc wait and try and get a full repsec stone and that the fun is choose my own spec but I would appreciate your help plz people.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
none of those specs will be very efficient i'm affraid, a champ cannot afford to spec in two different weapons so you'll have to make a choice between LW or a 1hander + shield

typical champ specs are:

50 LW
50 valour
27 parry
rest shield (for engage)

or

50 valour
42 shield
39 weaponspec
rest parry

or drop a bit of weapon to raise shield or parry

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
The main attraction of speccing LW is to get the 50 move which kicks butt, if your not gonna do that then I would forget LW altogether, and bung them points in blades. Considering your lvl 27 this is sound advice as your s/s skills are more use in pve.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
and having said that.. possibly the best way to go if u decide to spec shield instead of LW.. is to spec pierce instead of slash. better styles from pierce/shield combo than there is from either blunt or slash.. i know.. madness aint it.. but.. this is how things are in this crazy game :)

and VF stop giving my secrets away plz :p (the little add on comment there) hehe ;)

there is also the champs in toa post elsewhere in hib forums that may help.. check that

things for certain tho.. keep valour 50 (or to level) and EITHER go shield or LW.. aint no in-between

/em whispers.. shield gonna be much much better though than LW loonies if u go Battlemaster :) hehe

Dwun

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks

Cheers m8s good of you to help out.

The Spec i will go is:

50 Valor
42 Shield
39 Weapon (either blades or pierce although pierce does sound good)
rest Parry

I like the idea of being a defensive Champ, if they can't hit me then they can't kill me ;)

Anyway got a long way to go and need exp so best i go kill some mobs, thanks again

:cheers:

cuddled0rf

Fledgling Freddie
Recently respecced to shield with my champ, and it does seem to work quite well, but then im also an elf ;) anyways best of luck with ur champ, and dont give up :)

fang

Fledgling Freddie
There are a lot of chimps on the official chimp forums (hallofvalor.com btw ...) who say that for a shieldchimp dropping valor is a nice choice. Most people who do this go with 42 valor or 50 wep and 39 valor. I personally could stand not having the last spells from that line (I'm also LW) but you might think about it.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
we have a shield champ in our guild and he simply rox with his 50/42/39(pierce) spec. Well ofc it's not the spec alone but also the player (he's good at guard swiching, I love it, I'm a real fan (or is it called supporter? whatever)). Don't let ppl discourage you with things like "You got no det" or so, because you CAN be good, also as champ. Nice thing is to have intercept on a main target, when it gets hit you take the blow, but you're unmezzed =) My champ was only noobage lvl 21, but still fun to play.

Llixeraxu

Fledgling Freddie
I been playing my champ since.. well forever :p And therefore myadvise counts for double rofl.

The advise is this. Give up on the champ. If you want a tank roll a BM or Hero. Thats pretty much it. Im not joking either i see this as sound advise.

Out of LW and S/S specs. If you want to do any damage quickly and not have to think to much >D go with this. If you want to be more flaboyant and have to *dance* around your opposition using sometime awrkward positional styles slowly .. very slowly wearing down your opponante then go ss. Or if you wanna guard in a group.. err good luck??

Just be sure to use your debuffs and dd WISELY. Theres nothing worse than champs who play like they have heros. Should be puffs of blue smoke all over the shop...

ok.. im jaded. I think i have good reason to be. The only people i feel sorry for are thanes. :/ But its a close race. :eek:

fang

Fledgling Freddie
Pfft! Lixeraxu.. things have changed while you were gone.
This one time after ToA release, i got a group right outside DL :eek7: .

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
fang said:
Pfft! Lixeraxu.. things have changed while you were gone.
This one time after ToA release, i got a group right outside DL :eek7: .
last time I went outside DL there was noone there :O

Bellona

Banned
Ill give me ickle keen this :)

50 valor
42 shield
34 pierce
20 parry

all points used

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
40 valor
42 shield
44 weapon
rest parry.

This would give u a slightly worse debuffs and DDs(probably around 30 less damage), but more weaponskill/damage and parry. You would also not have the best s/c self buff, but considering nurt druids have yellow or purp s/c buffs, and alot have mastery of arcane, +nurture and/or +buff effectiveness from TOA items, their buffs would be as good as or better than the lvl50 self buff.

Even with 50 valor, the debuffs are pretty crap anyways, the DDs dont do alot of damage, and so u arent losing a great deal.

At the end of the day though, do as Llix said, reroll as hero or BM :p

Just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom