Help Help and Advice Required.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
With things cooling down on the work front for me and being back in my home town, I find myself with a large amount of free time for the first time in too long. AoC has failed to seduce me and I am fairly bored of WoW now. Therefore I was thinking about having a crack at the US Classics servers just to get in the swing of things again before this Origins server, or if that fails just to kill some time until WAR.

However having been out of the game since shortly after the Pryd/Excal cluster and just before Darkness Rising, I have a number of questions I was hoping you could aid me with.

1) US servers because after a quick check it seems that the EU ones are dead and buried. However for those with experience what is the population like over there, any better? The Herald shows about 400 people on atm, but that is still a bit low....but it is early. Any prime time figures? Or are the German servers the new happening place for the Euro crowd?

2) Are the classics servers actually worth the effort, from my recollection they simply elimnate TOA. DR and that Minotaur thing appear to also be applied to the classic servers? Am I better off just playing the regular ruleset as I hear TOA is a breeze now anyway. (do take into account that I didn’t mind TOA one bit really, actually quite enjoyed it, or as it was when I last played before all this super easy mode anyway...although I may think differently if I am at the mercy of strangers)

3) Set-up time: During my time on Prydwen I always organised my own things, so setting up the MLs, grabbing gear I desired, farming and what not - was always just second nature due to the excellent community of chaps using Freddyshouse. However the VN Boards seem to operate some what differently to here so I suspect I am going to need to infiltrate the ranks of some goodly guild willing to take me in.
With that said and having not read much about these new expansions, (Minotaur and the like plus this new Dragon gear): How difficult/much time is it going to take to be reasonably ready for some RvR now? Taking into account the US mentality for those who have had the pleasure.

4) Lastly, anybody else playing over there with a euro guild? Will be much easier for people playing on my time zone.

Thats about it really, any help would be appreciated. :cheers:

Lots of love

Zed.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH

With the decline in numbers, tbh I would seek someone (trustworthy) through freinds over there for an existing account they dont want any more, Ive seen plenty getting them.

Then theres always the 14 day free trial, jump on, give it a whirl and see how ya get on, should be long enough to tell.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, I am just in the process of downloading the free american trial now.

You're right, 14 days should be enough to see if I can still be arsed. I am sure once I boot it up everything will start falling into place again.

Thanks anyway there buddy.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Level via the bg's or behind the mile gates as you get the most xp, plus you dont have to move around too much.

Not sure what level is best to start behind the mile gates, might be lvl 10+

oh yeah, instance task dungeons etc give shit xp. YOu get something like 200% from xp'ing in the frontiers, bg's and DF

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Level via the bg's or behind the mile gates as you get the most xp, plus you dont have to move around too much.

Not sure what level is best to start behind the mile gates, might be lvl 10+

oh yeah, instance task dungeons etc give shit xp. YOu get something like 200% from xp'ing in the frontiers, bg's and DF

Is that a fact, I remember the TD being the best way when I last played.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
TD's are shit xp nowadays and they're very boring. Best way to xp is hunt in classic area's (for albion it's camelot hills on lower lvl, then salisburry plains, then move on to avalon isle, then cornwall and the last part lyonesse or just go questing from lvl 45 on). I dunno if the egg hunt quests are still there, but they give nice xp and gold too and are repeatable (quest goal is, find 5 eggs in the bg's. you can get the quest in every bg, the eggs do respawn in certain locations so if you find them you can repeat it several times).

When you hit lvl 47 (or 48, not sure) you can do a dragon quest which is repeatable, takes 5 mins of your time and gives you about 1.5 bubs of xp every time you do it. Lvling from 47 to 50 is just 2 hours max.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Task dungeons haven't changed, it's just that the bonuses for levelling outside got increased.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is that a fact, I remember the TD being the best way when I last played.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yep, try it for yourself :)

On Albion there is a keep right in the centre, it's near POC (Passage of Conflict). When xp'ing there (wolves are lvl 50'ish) you receive xp for killing the mob, xp for killing near an outpost, guild xp (obviously gotta be in a guild and they need to turn "/gb buff xp" on & you also get camp bonus.

lvl 40-50 you do a repeatable quest which gives 2.5 - 3 bubs (3 bubs if your realm is the under populated one) and 110g.

Midgard one is called Melting the Ice. Think albion is called Dousing the Flame

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks all, will certainly take it all on board.

A lot has changed it seems....no more pre-class 1-5!? The tutorial was more of a pain in the arse than anything, as I haven't forgotten THAT much, but it was nice you could leave fairly quickly. Although I think the tutorial was in before I left, but I didn't roll any new chars during the time, and I have certainly seen that intro before.

New chat interface is interesting, and new style icons!

I guess I'll just visit my old haunts then, if the xp in classic zones is worth while again. Undecided on which realm yet though! Just researching all the patch notes i've missed atm, a lot of it blows my mind it really does.

Z.

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Here's a tip, don't use the 14 day trial. I started a US account last week by just changing my update.dat to US and then pressing "new account" in the log in window. That way you get catacombs free and a free month... But I'm not sure if you might get the free month and everything after you have played trial aswell, atleast it's quicker than to download the trial.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Well apparently my account is upgraded all the way to Darkness Rising, and the 14 free days appears to be 30...so dunno what to say really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom