Hello =)

E

Eyeinthedark

Hi fellow DaoCians! bought the game today, and so far it got me hooked :D ,

This forum cms official enough so i will set home here =) cya in Exalibur!

A

Apathy

You didn't roll in Albion did you?

SAVE YOURSELF THE TRAUMA!

a.

E

Eyeinthedark

Thnx guys,

yep so far i am very happy with the game, cms like my cind of rpg, I play Norse Troll, had to be norse since i am from Sweden =) ,, char name is Siamak on Excalibur Europe.

i am far from a stealther :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

There is hope for you yet! :)

Unless you are playing a Bezerker...;)

H

hiban

U play a what? Norse troll? ^^

Welcome aboard mate. Glad u didnt chose albion, as all the other 94% of the newcomers do :/

tip: dont make it skald (unless u want to run ppl across the =¤"!!/ realm) Dont make zerker. they get nerfed soon. (still good, but savages are much better.) Make a bonedancer if u are caster. then spec suppression and smile at all the kids getting owned with their plate and shields and chants :)

good luck mate. send a mess in game if u would ever need any help. :)

A

Aoami

Welcome to Midgard :)

/send Aoam in game if you need some help with anything

P

Pin

Originally posted by hiban
Make a bonedancer if u are caster. then spec suppression and smile at all the kids getting owned with their plate and shields and chants :)

Make a bonedancer if you can't cope with pressing 2 or more buttons.

E

Eyeinthedark

Ah well i chose Troll only because of Cool factor :p

Also i was advised by a veteran to go Thane after lvl 5, and specialize on Hammer and Stormsomething :p << noob alert >> I really wish to get into the pvp system l8r on, ive heard that spellcasters are getting a lot of love, though not sure how true that is.

Anyway I was told that Thane will get u boath spellcasting and fighting, hopefully i wont be to much of a gimp =)

If any of you guys have lowbi alts that need a team m8 send me a tell ingame to Siamak, i wont mind some company =)

any further insight is apreciated :p thnx

F

froler-mid

auch, thane...:clap:

reroll is my tip, go warrior/savage or sum

L

loxleyhood

Firstly, chose the class you have the most fun playing, as that is the point of playing this game. And don't worry, you can RvR in the battlegrounds long before you reach the higher levels.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
Ah well i chose Troll only because of Cool factor :p

Also i was advised by a veteran to go Thane after lvl 5, and specialize on Hammer and Stormsomething :p << noob alert >> I really wish to get into the pvp system l8r on, ive heard that spellcasters are getting a lot of love, though not sure how true that is.

Anyway I was told that Thane will get u boath spellcasting and fighting, hopefully i wont be to much of a gimp =)

If any of you guys have lowbi alts that need a team m8 send me a tell ingame to Siamak, i wont mind some company =)

any further insight is apreciated :p thnx

Casters are so NOT getting any love. Stick with a tank class for now. :)

H

hellraisermk2

Welcome to Midgard mate. I'd also reccomend a warrior (bah... savage!).

Thanes are ok and they do have the advantage of some ranged spells, but a warrior is where it's at :) You'll be a walking brick wall!

G

Galiryn

welcome mate :)

you shouldnt get any "orders" from anyone on what class you should roll, you should play the class that you think sounds funny, and go with that, thats what i did ;) and i love it :D

T

timberwolf

Originally posted by Son
Another stealther no doubt ;)

Welcome aboard.

Says the man who first made a Hunter in the closed beta (remember when they were fotm and uber ?? :p )

/misses old days :(

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Galiryn
welcome mate :)

you shouldnt get any "orders" from anyone on what class you should roll, you should play the class that you think sounds funny, and go with that, thats what i did ;) and i love it :D

We aren't ordering...we are 'suggesting with pointy sticks'. :p

Besides, better to forewarn someone that the class they are choosing is going to be nerfed than letting them find out the hard way. ;)

E

Eyeinthedark

Oh so you guys definetly recommend warrior as a pvp klass not thane?

I would go based only on fun, but thinking ahead i dont want to end up as i did in anarchy online with a lvl 200 char that coudnt do much in pvp :p

though i would rather be warrior over spellcaster =) Hack n Slash is fun...

M

m4rk

Well Thane has the Stormcalling specialization which has some lightning direct damage spells and str/con self buff. Quite fun, warriors are just basically hack n slash :)

A

alme

Roll a thane and make sure u use that aoe nuke as often u can when u c ppl with ZZzzZZzzz over their heads.

S

Son

Originally posted by timberwolf
Says the man who first made a Hunter in the closed beta (remember when they were fotm and uber ?? :p )

/misses old days :(

Hunters were never fotm, they just had all the exciting stuff that us sad, lonely, unloved, acne-ridden, pubescent teenagers wanted to have ;)

E

Eyeinthedark

I just checked out a strat website

and cms i have chosen the wrong startnig stats :/ , I have put 10 on str 10 on dex 10 on con, nothing on intelligent,

does that make me unfit for thane?

H

hiban

Nopes. 10 str/con/dex is what most of the tanks in the game put their points in. And stay thane. They r easy to play, and a very good class to get to know the game with. :)

E

Eyeinthedark

yup went thane it is one cool profession =) having fun calling down lightning, now if only i could do that irl j/k =)

Spent points on Hammer and Stormcalling, do you recommend i learn how to use Shield?

and thnx for all the help guys really apreciate it

A

Albbasher

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
Thnx guys,

yep so far i am very happy with the game, cms like my cind of rpg, I play Norse Troll, had to be norse since i am from Sweden =) ,, char name is Siamak on Excalibur Europe.

i am far from a stealther :p

Mid for the win...no doubts ;)

A

Albbasher

Oh...1 more thing.

Eyeinthedark.....you can allways do a /advice ingame and ask ppl there if you need any help.

And ofc you are allways welcome to ask me aswell.....infact pm me ingame for some starting cash. :)

As our dear Alb scout Lox say'd..it's all about having fun so chose a class you like to play.

Albbasher 50 Skald Nolby Pride
Dundee 50 SB Nolby Pride
Taxx 50 Hunter
Drezz 49 Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread