Hello mids, a question about runemasters ....

M

Mavl

Is there any chance that this:

48rc
16supp
18dark

can get a group at 40-50 ?

I mean is there any possibility to level this to 50 or will it be rejected in groups constantly? And if there is than how ?

[edit] rc spec

O

old.anubis

one can level 28 stormcalling 50 shield 50 parry thane, not a problem
but what will you do with this spec?

A

Aoami

respec at 40 if you havn't gone past it to 26 supp, rest in rc
finish at 47 rc 26 supp
best bolt + 10 sec pbt
win.

V

Vell

Originally posted by Mavl

34rc
16supp
18dark

Not meaning to be rude, but that spec isn't particularly great.

You darkness nukes will hardly do any damage, neither will your supp ones. You will only have single-target blade turn, rather than group or pulsing. And your RC nukes won't do all that much either.

As much as I hate 'predefined' specs, I really think all runemasters should go to at least 26 suppression (for the first pulsing blade turn).

It's then your choice between:
high dark/26supp,
or high RC/26supp,
or full supp.

Runemasters only have 1xlevel spec points, and spreading them too thin really doesn't work. You would be best to decide which spec you like best, and go high in that one, rather than spreading over all three.

Hope this helps.

W

wiiwii

do i need too remind u where mavl has played most his life? :p

go go alb powerspecc :D

J/K ;)

M

Mavl

fook....

not 34 rc lol! (this one would leave a lot of pts unspent u know:p )

48rc/16supp/18darkness.

was a typo :)

so what thoughts about this one? :p

Technically, compared to the more popular spec of 47/26/5 this spec....

Gains:
50% cold debuff (for debuffing own baseline nuke and assisting dark rms)
5.6 dps dmg add(stacks with skalds' dmg agg chant).

Looses:
10 sec pbt

V

Vell

Gains:
50% cold debuff (for debuffing own baseline nuke and assisting dark rms)

I think this is changed in 1.61 or 1.62 to require a much higher dark spec to get the debuff. But I'm too lazy to actually check herald so I may be completely wrong!

I guess it could be an ok spec, but you may struggle to get groups without pbt or even gbt....

O

old.anubis

well, 48/16/18 looks nice
but you will have a hard time finding pve groups. maybe not that hard in rvr afterwards, but still i would prefer rm with pbt in my group over one without it, even if the latter constantly nukes for 500-600 (or whatever it is). zerker kills faster anyway :p

pbt is good for you first of all, you will be the one who dies first. tell me reason to keep you alive? tell me reason to spend pr on you?

V

Vell

there's a gbt at 16 supp :)

Well, isn't that wierd. I was sure it was 18!

But still, even with debuffing cold resist by 50%, with only 18 in dark, your darkness nukes will still be rubbish :p (and there aren't that many RM's that use dark nukes either, so you won't be helping all that much by debuffing cold anyway)

Personally I would either go high RC and Dark - so that you can take advantage of your resist debuff, or go for the typical 47-26.

If you're spending your entire time in fights casting gbt, you aren't nuking, and you've lost your advantage. If you don't cast gbt in battle, you may as well only take the single-target one to cast during dt and get better nukes from higher dark spec.

My opinion of course, you just go ahead and do whatever you like :p

A

Aoami

yup, with the cold debuff + baseline dark nukes the damage variance is immense, where as if you just spam rc nukes you get a pretty consistent damage.

RC 47 supp 26 is the best offensive spec imo, can get grps no probs + lots of dmg.

Oh, and huge fuck off flaming spears.

A

Arnor

I have 48rc 22dark 11supp, a pick&choose template I made for myself, its really made for 1.62 so Ill see how it performs in rvr then. I had some trouble getting lair groups, but it wasnt really a problem as long as I got up early, offered to take list etc.

M

Mavl

16 Group Runic Shield 4 Sec - 12% P

According to catacombs, the rm supp gbt is lvl 16.

And enchanters' nukes arent that rubbish tbh, and only diffirence is dmg type. Enchanters got a couple of points more in nuke spec tho.

And resists > rc nuke, sadly.

D

Driwen

i would go for arnors spec actually :). As gbt is nice, but you are a damage dealing runnie, so you shouldnt be spamming that gbt button :)(atleast imho).

Users who are viewing this thread