Helllpppp!!!!

F

Furr

Help you lot, ok i have just upgraded a Win ME installation to Win XP however.... all the data in the Win ME my documents folder has GONE!!!! im currently running one of those file recovery programs to try a find the ghost images on the Hard disk. but WHY!!!!!!

Helpppppp

M

Miles_Binck

you ask why....

1 simple reason

It's Microsoft

Most people would make a backup first (its common sense when dealing with Microsoft really)

P

PR.

You sure they've gone?

You didn't just log in check My Document and find it empty cos they are seperate folders, there should be a folder in the C: drive called "my Document" failing that check under C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\%username%\My Documents

F

Furr

Yup there gone, oh well. I think I lnow why, the computer crashed during the update and i think that It then began a new install from the updat which deletes the files. thus the files were gone :(

Just gonna have to do a OCR scan on some documents to get the data back

O

old.Jas

I bet Win 3.11 runs bloody fast on a new machine

P

PR.

lol, surely you are joking?

There can't be people still using 3.11 willingly?

I would be interested to know how many business machines still run 3.11

S

Shocko

If you were going to run 3.11, then you might as well use Linux or something. Both will have compatability problems, however with the latter you have modern programs, and you don't have the shittness of dos.

X

xane

I had to dig out a small disk drive for my Linux router/firewall, I got hold of an old Seagate that had been sitting in the box for around 7 years, it had my old copy of Windows 3.1 install on it, I ran it up for a while just to see, ran blindingly fast on a 750Mhz Athlon !

F

Furr

Not surprised the standard system in those days were like 25 mhz or sumin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom