Heh!

Laddey

FH is my second home
I have myself an interview on Tuesday at 16:00 GMT!

I'm the only one going for the job.

It's an apprenticeship in computer repairs & maintenance.

Would you say i go in all guns blazing. It's an aprentiship and i thought to myself he doesn't want somebody that knows abit about computers, maybe he wants somebody that doesn't know fuck all about them.

Or should i tell him what i can do for the company, what i can do with a PC and all that shat?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
what the fuck.
why would you make your self look stupid? apprenticeship or not, they dont want people with no idea if they can get someone who has a clue.
plus they work the shit out of you for pennies so the more you know now the better for them.

i did an apprenticepship in it and quit before id finished. was sick of being paid £50 a week for doing the same work as everyone else.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Be honest?

It's going to come out eventually anyways that you do know about computers.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Go in the and answer his questions with all the knowledge you have. Dont pretend to be stupid, just answer the best you can.

They can tell how much you know from a few questions. If you ace all the questions they will just ask harder ones.

Marc

FH is my second home
If you have to make yourself look stupid to get a job then its obv the wrong job for you

Laddey

FH is my second home
what the fuck.
why would you make your self look stupid? apprenticeship or not, they dont want people with no idea if they can get someone who has a clue.
plus they work the shit out of you for pennies so the more you know now the better for them.

i did an apprenticepship in it and quit before id finished. was sick of being paid £50 a week for doing the same work as everyone else.

Wages range from £90.01+ depending on experience and ability to be able to do your job. So more you learn & know more you get paid.

Be honest?

It's going to come out eventually anyways that you do know about computers.

Yeah mkay. I've had jobs where the bloke has wanted somebody who knows fuck al about the job that he can train up from fresh.

Go in the and answer his questions with all the knowledge you have. Dont pretend to be stupid, just answer the best you can.

They can tell how much you know from a few questions. If you ace all the questions they will just ask harder ones.

Im ace at everything, agree?

If you have to make yourself look stupid to get a job then its obv the wrong job for you

It's my dream!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
fgs be honest say exactly what you can do, don't over emphasise what you cant do but do emphasise thats your keen to learn!

Tip of the day!: go and buy yourself a smallish hardbacked notebook and carry it everywhere when you start a new job, take notes on everything they teach you, even if you never refer back to them again writing things down helps you to remember. Title every entry you make and then add an index at the back of the notebook then you can add each subject as it arises without running out of space (which will happen if you put the index at the front). Not only will this help you to learn and be a bit more independant (not asking the same thing all the time) but it shows your committed and organised. Also employers are usually impressed by good note taking skills as it shows you intend to retain the information and are interested, they dont mind you asking questions as long as they feel your learning from it infact they prefer you to ask more questions and take more notes than keep quiet (because your scared youll look stupid if you ask) and then do the wrong thing.

You will find it invaluable if you've been off for a few days as it's amazing how quickly you forget simple things if you don't do them often. I still carry my notebook that I started when I began at the libraries in october 06, i carry it everywhere and it has all kinds of useful stuff in it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I have to say this, don't tell EVERYTHING you can do. Tell enough and add a bit, so that you seem better then the rest.

If you tell everything, they'll expect you to do more even as an intern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom