Heavy Sabre Style

O

old.seekeruk

I've been playing JK2 for a while now.... most people probably know me as (IG)Seeker. Anyways has anyone else noticed that the heavy style sabre seems to do loads of damage when it doesnt actually hit anything? Infact it doesnt really need to be anywhere near anyone to do damage. Was just wondering if im the only person who has noticed this :)

F

FragFodder

"Strong Lightsaber Combat Style

This style uses powerful swings to dreak through defenses. The attacks have great range and a large windup and follow-through (leaving you open to counter attacks). " JK2 Manual Page 22

Havine said that.... The jumping finishing move thingy on Red style doesn't necessarily have to hit you dirctly, for some reason being close does the trick.

FF

D

Disco PhoolCat

But what I really hate is when you've dodged it - ie your opponent has grounded the blade - and you come back in to attack & STILL get deaded! Grrr...

Maybe it's a lag thing?

F

FragFodder

Nah its a case of...

The guy is still doing the move. Whilst he's in that state all u need to do is touch the blade and it will still do the same damage as if he'd actually got you with it. I dunno why, maybe its a floor in the Q3 engine, lets face it, the sabers are a real jump into the unknow when it comes to Quake 3.

Best bet.. Once the blade has been grounded move round and hit him from the side.. its the safest way. :)

FF

O

old.seekeruk

i disagree with u there m8. u dont need to be anywhere near the blad to get hit. during or after the move. the distance around the hit seems to vary though. sometimes u can get hit a mile away sometimes not. is odd and very anoying. i have started to notice it happening on the other sabre styles as well so many its just a game bug.

F

FragFodder

Originally posted by FragFodder
I dunno why, maybe its a floor in the Q3 engine, lets face it, the sabers are a real jump into the unknow when it comes to Quake 3.

:rolleyes:

FF

O

old.seekeruk

i wont carry this on m8 its not worth it... and why do u have to quote everything? if people kept doing that to u i bet u would get racked off with it.

F

FragFodder

I quoted my reply to say i agree its probably a game bug, but i thinks its also a Q3 engine thing coz something like this hasn't been attemted before and its just a teathing issue... no drama, chill out

FF

Z

Zey

tbh the heavy special move should just be removed all together ..... see people all the time constantly using it. It will kill anyone in one hit. Over powered and takes no skill.

Just shite :p

O

old.D3-

Sorry but that's bullshit..

The heavy style requires a certain ammount of timing. Without that timing you can get a few fluke kills at best...

Just cause a few newbies feel the need to run into crowds with heavy swinging doesn't mean we all do..

Heavy is my main stance and I hate crowds. I prefer duels etc..

F

FragFodder

Phew and I thought it was just me that liked the red stance.

He's right, the red stance requires alot of timing and patience. Also because I use the red stance quite a bit i've come to notice the weaknesses and counter attacks. Because of the speed of the swing and the long windup and swing through, its very easy for someone else to nip in and get some quick hits.

IMHO The red stance gets some real flack because newies seem to use it for random "run in the middle of a crowds" cheap kills. And thats a shame really :(

It takes just as much skill to use properly as any of the other stances. When dueling it can creat some really interesting matches provided the other guy doesn't do something silly like get in the way of a swing. The emphasis of red is defence, you have to wait and wait and then pick your moment for a swing.

FF

F

FragFodder

Ahhh Doh.. Sorry Zey

I thought u meant the heavy style all together, not just that finishing move. Yeah you're right, it is very powerful maybe if Raven bring out a patch for the game, they should consider toning that move down a bit.

But...

Again as with anything red style related, if he doesn't get you, he's very vulnerable. One of the lads in my clan was just ripping me to bits if i tried that move on him and i missed. So maybe its "swings and roundabouts".

I agree about the Publics Servers and just jumping into a pack of peeps though :(

FF

O

old.D3-

Ahhh, I thought he was talking about the heavy stance too.. he just means the special move? I agree it should be made weaker..

I once watched some guy called Jedi J spend two maps doing NOTHING BUT that special move..

such a llama.

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Zey
tbh the heavy special move should just be removed all together ..... see people all the time constantly using it. It will kill anyone in one hit. Over powered and takes no skill.

Just shite :p

What special move?

F

FragFodder

Its a forward jump and slice downwards.

Key combo is:

Forward + Attack + Jump From a Standing Position.

Only the heavy style can do this attack and its leathal is you get it right, the other 2 dont even have their own versions unlike other moves e.g. backstab. :) Thats probably why its been called "special"

FF

Z

Zey

Backstab is wicked ;)

I usually grip someone until their stuned, then do a light style basck stab :)

owns ;)

F

FragFodder

LOL

Why do a bog standard swing when u can be flashy eh?! :p ;)

FF

Z

Zey

:p

Tis fun though ;)

Takes backstab is almost as strong as a heavy swing...;. but a lot quicker ;)

-----

EDIT: I'm in work and it';s earkly... excuse my english and speeling ;)

F

FragFodder

I'll have to try that then :p

/me finds a public server

Hell, this game is all about style, the flashier the better :D

FF

Z

Zey

they gotta get the heavy saber special move removed though ... it's too tempting to use it :)

Only really use it if someones annoying me ... i.e. HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL :p

F

FragFodder

Agreed on that m8....

But maybe they should just tone it down though, its a "Feature" of the red style, removing it would maybe be a little excessive.

FF

Z

Zey

RAH ! sorted :p

from http://www.jediknightii.net

NewBJedi, one of our fine forum-goers recently sent an email to Kenn Hoekstra from Raven with an idea about changing the stances a little. He recieved a message backing saying the following.

"Consider it forwarded. Just a note: the heavy stance has been tweaked heavily in the pending patch to balance it better."

Patch coming soon to cut down on the number of people incessantly using the 1 hit-kill move? Sounds good. We'll keep you informed. Thanks to NewBJedi for this one.

---
**Update- Ascari, another forum member sent an email off to Mike Gummelt, another one of our Raven friends about a bug he'd found. He also asked when we could expect the patch to arrive. Mr Gummelt's response...

General idea: very very soon
Could be a day. Could be a week. Keep your eyes peeled.

F

FragFodder

Kewl.. i wonder if they're gonna get rid or just tone the move down?!

We'll see "Very Very Soon" :p

Good hunting Zey m8 :)

FF

O

old.SilverBaron

Style + Finesse

Yes, style and finesse are two things that i like in this game :D

I love backflipping over people and slashing them :D

C

Custy

I like rolling past people on force speed then cutting them down from behind with heavy sabre stance :).

Z

Zey

ahhhhh HAI!!!! Tribes2 and CS :p

try that on me sonny and you'll be getting a backstab in your gut :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom