Healer spec

Cedon

Fledgling Freddie
My healer is geting close to lvl 40 so its time to start thinking of a endspec.
What are your thoughts on healer specs? What are needed at the moment?

I have been thinking on 40m 36p or maybe 38p 30m 23a...
but I´m a healer noob and need all the input I can get ;)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
If ya want rvr there are 2 specs favoured

Aug healer goes 33aug 42 mend
Pac healer goes 36pac 40mend
Both have the sojourner line.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
my healer is 41 atm, i will go 44 pac 31 mend though, like that spec tbh ^^

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
my healer is 41 atm, i will go 44 pac 31 mend though, like that spec tbh ^^

Using that spe on my healer and have no problems doin' what I need to as a paccie ;) Bot RvR and RvE

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Henx said:
Using that spe on my healer and have no problems doin' what I need to as a paccie ;) Bot RvR and RvE

u miss out on CNS

robbe

Loyal Freddie
aug healers no longer used? :x

40 mend 36 aug or 39 / 37 something :p

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
If ya want rvr there are 2 specs favoured

Aug healer goes 33aug 42 mend
Pac healer goes 36pac 40mend
Both have the sojourner line.

i disagree with the aug:er being sojouner. i would rather have cure NS (is it just a myth that it has faster casttime than the lvl40 mend one?), clear disease, the option of putting a fop wherever i want (and not where the shammy wants it) and curing resurrection illness instead of a FZ that i would hardly use (although it's fun, i'll give you that:D) and a phase shift that i don't really need that much. all though it's 2 great tools i just don't think it's worth it.

about the spec i kinda prefer my previous spec 37aug/39mend. right now i'm trying out 33aug/42mend and granted that i haven't it tested it enough i can't say that i feel that much of a difference. other than the 100% rez which is nice to have the only thing i've noticed is that my power seems to flee away faster (which is probably just my imagination).

as a paccer i would try the old 44pac/31mend to get the AoE-mez to stick better. other perhaps the 38pac one with 35 mend and 19 (i think it is) aug to help your tanks abit with celerity (since the auger is more often within heal range of the tanks than within celerity range) and cap your own buffs. the better single instant heal won't hurt either plus that you can cap our own bases which will make you immune to buffripping of your baseline buffs.

when i was backup paccer specced (36pac/40mend) i did some mainpaccing and did a decent job as well, so it's a usable spec, but i think you'll get more out of going higher pac.

imo and all that.

vavires said:
u miss out on CNS

which your aug:er should have and be able to cure, and if not him/her then the shammy is also avaible. of none of those, you can try and purge it.

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
i disagree with the aug:er being sojouner. i would rather have cure NS (is it just a myth that it has faster casttime than the lvl40 mend one?), clear disease, the option of putting a fop wherever i want (and not where the shammy wants it) and curing resurrection illness instead of a FZ that i would hardly use (although it's fun, i'll give you that:D) and a phase shift that i don't really need that much. all though it's 2 great tools i just don't think it's worth it.

about the spec i kinda prefer my previous spec 37aug/39mend. right now i'm trying out 33aug/42mend and granted that i haven't it tested it enough i can't say that i feel that much of a difference. other than the 100% rez which is nice to have the only thing i've noticed is that my power seems to flee away faster (which is probably just my imagination).

as a paccer i would try the old 44pac/31mend to get the AoE-mez to stick better. other perhaps the 38pac one with 35 mend and 19 (i think it is) aug to help your tanks abit with celerity (since the auger is more often within heal range of the tanks than within celerity range) and cap your own buffs. the better single instant heal won't hurt either plus that you can cap our own bases which will make you immune to buffripping of your baseline buffs.

when i was backup paccer specced (36pac/40mend) i did some mainpaccing and did a decent job as well, so it's a usable spec, but i think you'll get more out of going higher pac.

imo and all that.

which your aug:er should have and be able to cure, and if not him/her then the shammy is also avaible. of none of those, you can try and purge it.

listen to nata, he knows what he is talking about.

Nata, stop trolling on FH, get ingame and pl my artifacts !!!

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
i disagree with the aug:er being sojouner. i would rather have cure NS (is it just a myth that it has faster casttime than the lvl40 mend one?), clear disease, the option of putting a fop wherever i want (and not where the shammy wants it) and curing resurrection illness instead of a FZ that i would hardly use (although it's fun, i'll give you that) and a phase shift that i don't really need that much. all though it's 2 great tools i just don't think it's worth it.

imo and all that.

but who listens to you, u say ureself ure the worst healer :D:D
na just joking matey ;).

Actually i was perfecter on my auger till my group asked to go sojourner, we got a shammy to fop in group. But their are many ways up to a good spec ;).

unet

Fledgling Freddie
Paccer specs:
44 pac/31 mend (all instants, lower level heals, crappy buffs)
38 pac/33 mend/19 aug (all instants, low spread heal, deceant single target heal, deceant/capped buffs but depending on RR, low level clerity and speed)
36 pac/40 mend (all mezz instant, single target stun, cure ns, good heals)

personaly prefrence.
36 pac/40 mend, but overlooked the 38 pac/33 mend/ 19 aug for a logn time, and think that would be the best for me, when I get the cash i will try it out.

aug healers.
42 mend/ 33 aug (great healing, deceant resists, low speed)
40 mend / 36 aug (good healing, good resist, deceant speed)
39 mend / 37 aug (old school spec, not so strong anymore because it forced you to a weaker ML line imo) but best resists spec though and deceant healing.

Master lines.
perfector.
cure NS (healer also get a little slower version of this at 40 mend spec)
grp cure desiease (healers gain single target cure)
FoP (most of the time you only need 1 in group, and shammy usely have this)

soy
Waterbreath (in fg not a big deal, since paccers usely run with this also)
resistance of the acient (in fg not a big deal, since paccers usely run with this also)
FZ always nice to peal a tank of yourself or a caster and gain 10 secoends free casting.
phase shift, always nice to save your own but, when things get tuff, buys the other healer 10 secoends to save you, and usely the train will leave you alone, so you might reposition you self.

my conclussion.
soy forthewin, the extra survibility it gives, is priceless. only thing perfector gives compare to soy, is a few secoends on curing NS/Desiease, and compare to the survivebility of soy, i would take that on healer anyday.

for PvE (perfector for the win)

but whatever you choose, good luck with it. And dont give up, one of the hardest classes to play imo :)
but give a warm and fuzzy feeling inside when you look and see 40+ sleeping albs

Chance

Loyal Freddie
vavires said:
u miss out on CNS
if the aughealer / shammy got a clue its not needed to have CNS on pac :) and on the 36pac 40mend(the 1 which you have CNS on) you dont got all instants (missing instant grp stun)

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
i recently rolled a PVE aug healer (farm bot) as i dont have BB account i think it s the class that owns most in PVE SOLO.

i first went 50 aug 20 mend and just respecced to 49 aug 23 mend. not much of difference exept that i have more instats now; perfector FTW allow me to chain red mobs in DF; nice for cash and seals farming.

wouldn t recommand it for rvr tho :)

well, forgot to mention that i also templated him more like you would stuff a warrior, cap str and str cap, cap swing speed cap constit and qui

gave him battler, a nice pve shield with some + block bonus etc.

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
38 pac 31 mend rest aug for capped bases :fluffle: the best one on my opinion

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Wilburn said:
listen to nata, he knows what he is talking about.

that's a lie and you know it! and you're going to have to pl your own artifacts, my dear dane =)

vavires said:
but who listens to you, u say ureself ure the worst healer
na just joking matey .

Actually i was perfecter on my auger till my group asked to go sojourner, we got a shammy to fop in group. But their are many ways up to a good spec .

you should go back to perf imo :)

unet said:
some thing's i agree with some i don't :)

just a little thought, why do you write good healing beside the 40mend spec and only decent healing beside the 39mend-spec? since the only thing different in the mending line is a 100%rez 1 more spec point can't mean the difference between good and decent? =)

as for the soj versus perfector thing i just simply have to disagree with you :) i wouldn't want to trade 2-4 abilities i use quite often with 2 abilities which are good but on a 15 minute timer (or does PS have 10 min?). anyway, both of those you can live without, depending on playstyle. and correct me if i'm wrong but the main reason all mid RvR healers went soj was because of FZ had a 2 minute timer. if that was the case today i would definitly respec back to sojouner =)

but until then it's soj for the paccer (and backup paccer) and perf for the aug:er in my world.

Chance said:
if the aughealer / shammy got a clue its not needed to have CNS on pac :) and on the 36pac 40mend(the 1 which you have CNS on) you dont got all instants (missing instant grp stun)

yes, you should have all the instant CC's as a main paccer. we're instagard damit, we have to live up to our name!

devaline

Fledgling Freddie
As paccer the best spec imo is the 38 pac 33 mend and 19 aug, you cap ur base buffs with 25% con buff bonus that u can get from rog items if u need to buff some1 or urself. for auger i bet for the 42 mend for great heals that might be ur main work and rest aug ofc for paccer soj line and perf for auger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom