Healer Self Damage Shield

Jakus Morgan

Fledgling Freddie
OK so I've got an aug/mend healer (37/39) & am wondering about the self damage shield.

PvE it's a no no I'd have thought, unless of course you're soloing.

But do people have it on all the time in RvR, or not at all?
Is it like the shaman one that nobody seems to want 'cos it breaks mess' or is it worth having up for the little extra damage if you're being attacked?

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
I never use it in RVR....think I have it on QB7 or QB8 :m00:

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Best not to have it, any good tank will guard/body guard you and if you havent got that, the dmg shield will break a root if a shammie is trying to get someone off you.

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
As Brunore said, dont use it (in grouped rvr!) - only for your own good. If someone is trying to root something off you, it will only break the root.

It cant break mezz, since the mezzed target wont hit you :p

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
You can begin using it in 1.7x something(in RvR that is), if I remember correctly. Look at the herald.

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Gizor said:
You can begin using it in 1.7x something(in RvR that is), if I remember correctly. Look at the herald.
Only think they 'considered' changing it so it wouldnt affect root, but i dunno ;) Hope it will happen anyway..

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Cami said:
Only think they 'considered' changing it so it wouldnt affect root, but i dunno ;) Hope it will happen anyway..

Maybe, I'm not sure either. Just recall reding something about this issue in one of the latest patch notes or "Grab bags"...

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
Self damage adds and damage shields become insta cast - I assume it's in 1.71, but those patch notes don't seem to be in the Camelot Herald database thingie so I can't give you an exact quote or link.

Jakus Morgan

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks folks, you've pretty much confirmed what I thought.

Will keep an eye for changes in future patches though.

harm

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik they're not instacastable - rather non-interruptable. Same thing tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom