Healer respec - go or no go ??

I

Ironica

Hey there,

I have a lvl 50 healer and im considering respec, tho i need some advice. I saw some movie about a pac/mend healer, and it kicked IMO :p

Well, here is my current spec:
Aug - 6
Mend - 24
Pac - 48

The spec I'm considering is:
Aug - 4
Mend - 40
Pac - 36

I could use some tips from experienced players with the last spec, or something similar, becouse I'm not sure if I will or want to give up the pac for the spread heals..

My current spec kicks couse of the mezz and high pac, tho on the other hand I like the lvl 40 ress, and the 2nd of 3 spreadheals and good group heal..

Does anyone have any suggestions for me, so I can finally make up my mind to buy that respec stone or not ;)

Thanks in advance, Ironica

B

blain

May I recommend

Mend 33
Aug 22
Pac 38

Spread Heal
Celerity
AoE Insta Mezz & Stun

I

Ironica

38 i think u mean :) just checked it..

Looks ok, tho I like to go more supportive, not really allround (weak mezzer, weak healer and some attack speed)... doesnt sound like the best option IMO... (no offense ;) )

O

old.Spug

Actually, believe it or not, its a good spec :) its only AE CC thats lacking a little. you get pox 4, celerity, and some nice healing.

I used to be pac 35, mend 30, aug 27. used to actually win duels with that one too... which scared the hell out of me. I respecced though to 43 pac, 32 mend 8 aug, (meant to be 44 pac, but specced too high in mend, doh) the CC isnt bad, but I miss the celerity and resist buffs of the original spec, given the chance, I'd gladly go back.

35 pac gives pox 4, 27 aug gives 2nd celerity, and a few resists, and 30 mend gives first spread heal. nicely rounded.

but as most healers will tell you, its hard to gimp a healer.

Z

zapzap

44p/31m
44p/30m rest aug for first speed.
40m/36p
39m/37a

Split u points in all 3 is to much to ask for imo, and groups with 1 seer seldom works out fine.

Zapsi

S

Slu

What Zapsi said.

Only go for a 3 split spec if you're going to do more PvE rather than RvR.
A RvR group needs at least two healers to be worthwhile, so why make yourself less effective?

I

Ironica

X-actly, thats what I was thinking.. I will use Ironica most in RvR and also in a PL group (setup: 3 SM, 1 Pac healer, Malmo), and i think the new spec will give me even more usability in that group. Tho now i have the uber pox 5, which absolutely makes difference compared to pox 4, tho 4 works fine too in that group.. Then the aestun.. on 49 pac its 10 sec, on 38 its 9 sec, not that big difference, and AEmezz will drop from the capped 65 sec to 52 sec... Only thing I will miss is the insta AEmezz/AEstun which can be handy when having 'aggro' from either mobs or albies :D

So basically that spec will have:
9 sec stun
52 sec mezz
insta single target stun/mezz
PoX 4
Line maxed on SC armor and RR5

Group heal 233 HP
Insta group heal 75% HP
single insta heal 75% HP
spread heal 240 HP
The 3rd Rezz 75% HP and some 50% pow..
Line maxed on armor / RR

looks kinda good imo :)

Another thing.. im RR 3L7 atm, and i got MCL1 and Purge.. cant figure out my mind on what to take now.. Got 14 points to spend, and one coming up in 6k RP.. Could i get some hints in what to spec on the realmabilities? :D

C

cerbie

I have 44 pac, 33 men (I think) and 8 in aug.

Mending is ok, but not as good as it used to be when I was high in mending, but most of the time I am doing RVR with her so thats when I need the instants and spread heal.
Only a bit difficult when doing PVE but ok needs some more concentration there.

I took purge, mcl2 and perfect recovery with my rps and I am going for battery of healing (or what is it called).

F

fayle

Myself i went for the 40 mend, 36 pac, 4 aug.
This makes you the main healer in rvr with some back up cc.

For RA i took purge and mcl2, having 15 points left to spend i took raging power and serenity 1 in stead of PR, this makes that you never run out of power and can keep spamming spreadheals + it really helps in focus pulling.
Should i play more rvr i might consider taking PR, but as spreadheals tend to take lots of power i'm happy with raging power in rvr also.

A

Azal

I've heard a lot about the 2nd spread heal not being as useful as the first as the power consumption is way higher and doesn't heal appropriately more for it.

F

fayle

I wouldn't advise using spreadheal 2 witouth atleast mcl 2

C

Cush

Originally posted by Azal
I've heard a lot about the 2nd spread heal not being as useful as the first as the power consumption is way higher and doesn't heal appropriately more for it.

No but the last res is teh uber to have.

C

cerbie

I know PR saved me and my group lots of time, and no need for more power then mcl2 I think since we have our alchemists :D

C

Cush

Originally posted by cerbie
I know PR saved me and my group lots of time, and no need for more power then mcl2 I think since we have our alchemists :D

well.. mcl2+raging power+pots+pr+moc and you can kinda ress a whole group if you are only one standing

I

Ironica

So as i understand it right, the 2nd spreadheal isnt useful couse power vs hp per heal is lower at 1st the 2nd.. so 1st has more efficiency as the second then...

And then again, 3rd ress is kinda handy, tho might go 38 pac 38 mend then.. looks good too, couse the lowest insta aemess will be in it then, tho not the highest spreadheal..

Hmm getting all confused.. healer is indeed never gimped, tho i want the best spec :D

S

schinkaar

Ive played all specs, about 1 mil as 40m/36p, 1 mil 39m/37a and around 600k 48 pac. 40m/36p is really the most fun there is to play, you are not the main CC, nor the main healer. But got the tools of both :). I could always manage my power with mcl1 and potions, but you need ALOT of potions :D. Since hibs doesnt seem to be much of a rvr force id go for PR before moc. Also i never ran without a 44p and an aug/mend healer, this wasnt a problem for me tho, but that was on excal. And 80% of my RvR there was with my guild.

I

Ironica

So u think 40m / 36p is nice to play.. I like the 48 pac spec, tho i think i cant do much for the group.. here and there a heal (eats power and very fluctuating hp), and CC is good, but seems almost useless couse ppl purge, resistalot or whatever..
I think I'll manage better with the 40m/36p spec, as its more useful (good heals, not good but mentionable CC, good enough for most situations ^^ )..

G

Glyph_mid

Im 40m, 36p and I love it.

2nd spreadheal heals around 740 on damaged targets, and with potions, totems, mcl II and RP, I usually die before I run out of power. You dont need to spam spreadheal, you got single spec heals as well to support with, which I use alot.

You also do some nice CC, if main CC'er instants is down you can help, + in mid battle you can do AE mezzes to people who lost their immunity or resisted first mezz.

My first RA spec were, MCL II, LW, RP, MOC and purge, I recently specced out of MOC and got PR instead, and used spare points in toughness and AoM, when I got enough rps, ill spec out of the passive RAs and get MOC again.
MOC isnt THAT good on prydwen, you rarely fight hibs, and albs usually do MA trains.

D

Damon_D

I'm going for 44 aug 31 mend rest pac ..I will have poo CC , ok mending , and uber celerity and haste buff's...any one tried this spec ??

T

Turamber

My healer is 48 pac spec - to sample the 'other side of life' I've rolled another healer which will be august spec. August healers are very popular on Mid/Merlin, after all with all the wopping amounts of determination on tanks and all the body resist out there the value of crowd control is not what it was.

S

SoulFly Amarok

if I was asked:

2 healers in group:

41 Mend
33 Aug
11 Pac

&

40 Mend
36 Pack
4 Aug
-_-

or

31 Mend
44 Pac

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
Im 40m, 36p and I love it.

2nd spreadheal heals around 740 on damaged targets, and with potions, totems, mcl II and RP, I usually die before I run out of power. You dont need to spam spreadheal, you got single spec heals as well to support with, which I use alot.

You also do some nice CC, if main CC'er instants is down you can help, + in mid battle you can do AE mezzes to people who lost their immunity or resisted first mezz.

My first RA spec were, MCL II, LW, RP, MOC and purge, I recently specced out of MOC and got PR instead, and used spare points in toughness and AoM, when I got enough rps, ill spec out of the passive RAs and get MOC again.
MOC isnt THAT good on prydwen, you rarely fight hibs, and albs usually do MA trains.

MA train hits u, this is where u need the moc . Can u as first target stay up 20 sec , chance u win improved a lot.

Q-bar 2 for MA train on u. moc, purge ,heal , sigle instean , group instean , rp, sh.

Zapsi

G

Glyph_mid

Even with my 2k hp I cant heal myself fast enough with train on me, + I always get slammed as well, using atleast a few secs of my MOC

And Soulfly, you do 3 healers, 2 is gimped :p

I

Ironica

Think I made up my mind..

What I like about healers is being great support for the group. I like to play tank class or caster class too, tho a healer fits in most groups (unless it's a stealther group :p )..

The 40 Mend / 36 pac seems to quite kick arse. On one hand it gives me the think about healers I like: CC > IMO when lacking a pure pac healer, the mend/pac healer can still do nice CC.. One insta AEmezz for the wtfpawning sticky trains.. and still some nice stuns and mezzes. Next to that theres good heals, as well as the old spec heals as the spreadheals, which I really miss playing RvR with Ironica..

Got my own alchy to make me the potions :D So that won't be a prob ;)

Anyway, tnx for all the info and support :) Think it all cleared me up a bit ..

Cya in RvR :D

Ironica

M

Marcus75

Im going 44pac 30mend with my healer - I understand I aint great with 30mend but how does it work in RvR?

Users who are viewing this thread