Healer´s DEX - Spell cast time ?

R

robillard

yes

edit: actually I may be talking BS there

P

[PS]Riddler

Nope your not, i notice ALOT of difference between my 131 Unbuffed and 181 Buffed, and if shammy buffed, 212 \o/

D

[DK]hakke

does effect cleric so it should effect healers...

O

old.chesnor

Can't say that I've ever noticed dex modifying healer cast times. I seem to remember Mythic saying that only 'pure' casters (classes with spells organised by spec line in nice drop down menu thingies) get cast time modified by dex.

Also seem to remember lots of smite clerics whining after nerf, because of the 'wizard in chain' thing. They mostly said 'we don't get crits and smite is 4s cast, unmodified by dex'.....

I'll have to test it with my smiter :)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Augmentation healer confirmation: makes a hell of a lot of difference.

S

Sarnat

Affects cast time on any class that casts spells. Can tell difference with my thane for example.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Sarnat
Affects cast time on any class that casts spells. Can tell difference with my thane for example.
Except minstrels. :p

G

Goryk

Our new ae mezz is essentially a spell as it has all the same restrictions applied. Would be sure nice to lower the 5 seconds 'casting' time on in it with high dex. On second thoughts, what with the dodgy spell animation, I'm guessing it's more of a dance than a spell or song really...:rolleyes:

A

Archeon

I've found my dex buff shaves a few split seconds off my casting times, it might not seem like much untill you get your mez off just before being mezzed yourself then your stuck laughing your ass off with a minny hoping to dear god his mez wears off first :)

E

emer Roma

Aye , Dex helps to determine your casting speed , weapon procs and interruptibily.
But note that , anyway, the recasting speed cannot be lower than 2 sec.

Emergency <Cutting edge>
Healer 50 lvl

D

dozigden

The best way to see for yourself the difference is to cast long spells - suggest some of the spec res spells - with and without buffs. Even as a pretty poor aug shammy (aug 22) i can tell the difference without split second timing; but then i get 2 dex buffs, with just the baseline one the healers get im not sure if you could still tell so easily.

W

Wou

Every 10 dex after your base 60 dex decreses cast time by 0.1 sec.

So if you have 70 dex, and a spell with 4 sec cast time, you will cast that spell in 3.9 sec.
With 160 dex you will cast it at 3 sec.

note: there is a hard cap at 2sec, no spell except insta or QC can be cast faster then 2 sec. ( 1.5 sec cap for melee attacks )

It was explained a time ago in one of the grabbags at the herald

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom