Headphones advice

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My Vivanco SR120s have finally died. They were over 20 yrs old but great sound

vivanco.sr120.gif

I'm looking for ones that cover the whole ear and have at least a 2m cord

I use them for an electric keyboard. Not looking to spend a fortune on them.

Any recommendations? Cheers

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
16337_1.png

Creative - Fatal1ty headphones, cheap, mic, long enough cord for me atleast(think it's past 2m) with both plugs in one cord and a volume slider on the cord as well.

Sound is, well, good? No idea since no hifi mastermayhemfranticer :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
ive got those but i wouldnt recommend them for music they are a gaming headset they aint brilliant on musical instruments its good but its not amazing quality. fantastic gaming headset but there are prob better headphones minus the mic

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
With headphones you get what you pay for really, so it is difficult to say without a specific budget. I use Grado SR80i on my stereo which are very good - they cost around £120 I think. I use Bose QuietComfort3 Noise cancelling headphones on my ipod, which are around £230ish. By the sound of it you use them quite often, so it may be worth spending a little more on them.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I'd honestly suggest going to a few stores to test them out. Alot of them have different earshapes/sizes from yours which makes you unable to wear them for more than a few minutes at a time without pain. You can also check out sound quality hopefully.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
get some senny hd350's 100 quid superb

He doesn't need a gaming headset though, so he'd be better off with some proper hi-fi headphones for the same money.

the HD 585's would be a good budget choice if he's going the senny route.

edit:// do what Helme said above, nothing more annoying than uncomfortable headphones.

Chilly

Balls of steel
He doesn't need a gaming headset though, so he'd be better off with some proper hi-fi headphones for the same money.

the HD 585's would be a good budget choice if he's going the senny route.

edit:// do what Helme said above, nothing more annoying than uncomfortable headphones.

huh?
that was a misquote yeah? (although I did mean the 380 not 350)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Missed the electric part, was kinda curious when i posted(note: tired) as to what kind of a keyboard has headphones :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
huh?
that was a misquote yeah? (although I did mean the 380 not 350)

My bad, I thought you meant the pc 360's, didn't realise they used the 300 range for the HD series as well.

the other great thing about senny is that they do an out of warranty repair service for a fixed cost of £40. So even after 10 years, you can get your treasured cans fixed for less than a new pair.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yep, not interesting in gaming phones, thx anyway Toto

£100 odd is fine....I can't justify spending 3 or 4 hundred on them tho!

Mate of mine recommends Stennheiser HD580. I'll see if I can get some on the net somewhere for around 100 / 150

Cheers guys

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've got Fatality for my gaming rig but would echo what's already been said that Sennheiser for anything else.

Chilly

Balls of steel
the 380 pro's are great. I had some shitty old pair of 35 quid denons I used at work for ages, then upgraded to these 380's - VAST difference. I get annoyed when listening to high bitrate MP3 now cos I can hear the imperfections properly, whereas they were masked by the crappy old denons.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I use Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro. They are excellent, about £130 or so.

My work has just bought me a pair of these and I really like them. They gave us a choice from a few different ones and everyone had a different favourite so I'd definitely try a few before you buy.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm gonna +1 on the sennheiser bandwagon, my friends all buy shit and I must make amends, oh lord won't you give me, hd 350s for them all.

They have various creative, fatality, demon, medusa, thingies and while they are ok, they don't get anywhere near the sound goodness of my HD 350s.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
In truth, with either Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic you can't really go wrong unless you willfully go for something that isn't intended for how you will listen to audio :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Senn+1. I've got a set of HD555's here, had them for years and they're zomgwtffbbqwin. Get whatever the latest release of them is and you'll be larfin' innit bruv.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Two sets of Sennies here, I forget which ones. The pair from 2003 are still going strong and next to me, only needed to replace the cable once. The other pair are fine since 2006 with no parts replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom