Heading into the (fairly civilised) distance

N

Nightchill

I actually debated with myself about posting on here - the Barrysworld DAoC forums can be pretty awful at times and, on the same hand (if not the same side of the coin), would anyone really want to know?

Eitherway, as you might know Caz (Coreth from GoP Alb/Pyrd) and I (Asunder from GoP) graduated recently. It's ideal, as we're often told, to have the sheer amount of options we have available to us but, at the same time, this causes problems. Sometimes not having options saves you from regret. Amidst a barrage of other reasons (which I'd go into if the website was finished) we're heading off (via car) round Europe for anywhere between 4 and 12 months (money dependant).

We *should* be updating a webbie fairly consistently (3 times a week at least) on our travels with columns from both of us, probably sarcastic quips on each other's columns, and photos to match. You're all more than welcome to follow the journey, give (friendly) feedback and maybe, just maybe, it'll be an insight into travelling on a shoestring by car (which means everywhere is accessible) that isn't that easy to find in contemporary travel books.

The url (which is in my sig too) is www.nonotheotherleft.com and apologies but currently it's a splash screen. The webbie design was supposed to have been finished a week ago but well, it's clearly not. Fingers crossed :)

Lastly, if anyone who lives (pretty much anywhere) in Europe does know me well enough to put us both up for a night or two feel free to email me at adam@nonotheotherleft.com and you might just have two strangers turning up at your door one day soon.

*waves*

N

Nichneven

Come visit me in the States I'll put you up :)

Enjoy yourselves :)

E

Ekydus

Good luck to you and all but don't you find it a bit naive to be living on a shoestring and paying for a website at the same time?

N

Nightchill

Well, I'd hope naive wasn't the word you were aiming for. To answer: The webspace was free (from a webhosting company and it's lovely, high bandwidth, space) and the url was had for £12 for the 2 years (for a .com) :) - we're going without 3 pints each over the next 2 years to pay for it.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Nightchill
we're going without 3 pints each over the next 2 years to pay for it.

now you're no longer students so you'll only be missing out on two pints each ;)

good luck with the travels

T

tris-

8k to get around europe? thats cheaper than i thought. thats based on a pint being 2 quid and having one 365 days a year. how can you make it so cheap? do you get free places to sleep n stuff?

N

Nightchill

Only missing 6 pints total so don't worry :)

Regarding cost.. If you have an £8k budget, and you're planning to camp/hostel/f1 then I'd seriously doubt you'd have any trouble lasting a year (unless you spend all your time in Scandinavia). Plus travelling with someone (and driving) means food is split and that you can stockpile for the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom