Head Hunters

D

Demrog

Some of you may be aware that recently HH has gone through some turbulent times and that the GMship of HH was handed over to Carrot Head as the majority of our members left for pastures new....

Well it is my sad duty to tell you that HH has now officially disbanded altogether. Carrot is keeping the GMship for a few more days so that all characters have time to find somewhere else to live and then HH will go to the great resting place in the sky.....

R

Roo Stercogburn

HH were a guild when I was too low level even to have Junior following me around I think. Bloody sad to see this.

Very long standing part of the Mid/Pryd culture and much respected.

Ach :(

B

Blood

:(

- first it happened in DH, all the serious players leaving.....
- then Eye of Odin split up (took a while, but started with Grizlas leaving DAoC)...
- (i had left EoO to form Shadows before EoO split up thou), then Shadows merged with Warders (but not all joined, so it was a split up too)
- then Warders closed down (and have recently started up again with only a handful members)

and finally now HH have split up! finally its proven that its not me causing guilds to break up! i had absolutely nothing to do with HH's demise! (allthou i did decline to join them several months ago... baaaah its my fault).

So many solid people in HH, imo one of the all time great guilds of Midgard... but to me it was the people, not the emblem, or guild name.. so it isnt really that sad to me... ex members of Head Hunters, i salute you!

O

old.tuppe

wonder many time same.
allmost everyday see some new guildname to me.
what is driving people make new guild?
many "old" guilds have vaults full of items, armours to help low lvl chars to lvl, if not yet some crafter salvage all ;)
probably behind is somekind boredom to guild? old rutines, same faces day after day?

at this moment example in Kalevala is 5-7 very active old players, we mostly solo around, group together when someone need help/farming small type rvr.
in xp we group whit other and usually get this way new faces/friends -> still enjoying this game.
same ammount not so active players, and they are allways wellcome to us when log on example weekends.

Kalevala take allways some nice players under our wings :) but we dont start PL anybody´s char fast up closer malmo lvl´s.
only way to know, learn to play new char!
is that old boring routine like most of us made, xp solo, find groups, learn to be one part in 8 (fg) players commune, learn own role.
hmm maybe step little side from topic :)

F

frols

:(

I remember when frols was young you could see head hunters everywere, I always thought you where all so cool.

to bad it dident work out

S

Solid

well at risk of sounding cliche..

The HH Spirit lives on in all of its ex-members whether we are still playing or not.

We have built up a great friendship and our guild forums remain alive even tho the DAoC Midgard Chapter has come to an end.

It wasnt a bitter closure and thats what I am proud of. We had common sense and maturity enough to bow out gracefully. :D

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Solid
well at risk of sounding cliche..

The HH Spirit lives on in all of its ex-members whether we are still playing or not.

We have built up a great friendship and our guild forums remain alive even tho the DAoC Midgard Chapter has come to an end.

It wasnt a bitter closure and thats what I am proud of. We had common sense and maturity enough to bow out gracefully. :D
Gifv me your armor you silly git :cool:

P

pudzy

As I scrolled down this page I saw a stream of sad faces... didn't like that, HH did alot of amazing things, and was a truely amazing guild, but the people were even more so and they did a good job with the guild, but like life, every good thing comes to an end, its how we remember it that matters, tho I left HH I never lost respect for it.

/salute

P.S Solid you cant quit daoc u fool you'll miss us too much, same with Cuba and Styx you crazy old men come back :(.

J

Jonaldo

Why split up if no-one seems to want to? :rolleyes:

Lots of people been leaving HDS lately (one of the biggest and longest standing guilds in hib). No real reasons why, lots of people just want to rvr and a few have left to join pure rvr guilds. The reasoning behind this confuses me totally as people seem to be unable to group with others outside their own guild?

I don't want my guild to end up slowly disappearing like so many others then eventually disbanding like this :eek:

Sorry to hear you're breaking up but can you explain why some people are leaving? is it for a similar thing or just a lot of people leaving the game and guild too small now?

H

Hufner

It is sad to see the guild Head Hunters dissapear.
Though I have to admit I'm proud to see old Purples returning home again as well.

M

minstrel_kyra

OMG !!

This is such a shame. :( Wish you guys the best of luck in your new guilds.

Gonna miss you Solid hun :)

K

krill-nyd

You'll be missed. Sorry to see you go and hope to see some of you around still.

K

klavrynd

btw, was HH the bloodlust from start of retail?

K

kalgarn

aye,think so klav.
sorry to see HH go down guys,best of luck in your new guilds.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by klavrynd
btw, was HH the bloodlust from start of retail?

Sort of. I was Asst GM of Bloodlust and then one of the founders/officers of HH.

Most of the founders of HH played US daoc on Hib/MLF and Mid/Bors. We got pissed off with raids at 3am and moved over to Mid/Pryd on Day 1 of EU. Most of us came from a FPS background and we teamed up with a load of Brits who we knew from the same scene to make Bloodlust. Was ambitious start but there was sort of 2 camps in one guild so we left to form Head Hunters a couple of weeks after EU daoc started (along with several new mates of ours like a Mr Statto aka Solid :)).

Quite a lot of the old HH got tired of the game (after 1yr+ on US and then aaaages on EU) and moved on to either other realms or quit daoc etc etc. You can't really combat boredom of the game.

Forums are still up and used, as Solid said it wasnt bitter in the end, feel free to pop by ^^.

Full marks to Solid, Styx and Stormsteel and finally Carrot.

Quite a lot of ex-HH are in Nordic Fury, a few (like me) are in Klan Nidstang, some have gone back to Purple Warriors and some are playing alb/excal.

Btw...I picked the name! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread