Question He might have a point.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ofc he has a point. One that is totally ignored by governments.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that's old as the hills. guy's (imo) right though: the drug problem will not go away with legalisation.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
As much as I hate drugs, it's an interesting point of view.

ileks

Part of the furniture
The trouble is 90% of the people in power (typically old fuckers) disagree with him and don't even consider the topic worthy of debate.

rynnor

Rockhound
Experience of legalised drugs like alcohol suggests that you would see much wider mainstream use of drugs and associated medical conditions if you legalise it.

Even if prohibition is largely symbolic it does serve a purpose.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Well yes that to, but also, the fact that the whole subject is so overly stigmatized in tabu, that the inability for a logical thought process is deafening!
If they're old geezers they're too set and conservative to seriously concider any "pro legaliztion" argument and if they are amongst the "younger" generations
they're simply too afraid of the repercussions from voters. (not even concidering that just maybe, thier voters might agree) dare to take a stand and a risk.

That word....Risk...big nono these days in politics eh ?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Experience of legalised drugs like alcohol suggests that you would see much wider mainstream use of drugs and associated medical conditions if you legalise it.

Even if prohibition is largely symbolic it does serve a purpose.

I disagree.

- Have you tried drugs? if no, would you? simply becuase it suddenly became legal?
- If yes, did the fact that it's not legal in anyway influence your decision ?

I really like his reference to smoking, and alchohol. in DK drink driving, especially amungst teens used to be a big problem in the late 80's early 90's it was just as illegal back then as it is now...Today it's almost unheard of..why ? Becuase of public opinion it's shun apon and not tollerated..simple as that.
Prohabition has never worked, and never will.

And lastly which Experience of legalised drugs? where? when? concluded/postulated by who? in what context ? for whome?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They will never legalise it simply because they would face billion dollar lawsuits from people damaged by the drugs...directly or indirectly.
If they invented alcohol tomorrow and started selling it they would all be jailed for poisoning people.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Ganja is on a rapid road to becoming legal in all states in the US. Once incareration rates, crime and cartel-funding all decrease because of it, governments around the world will be forced to take notice.

It shows what a massive gulf between state and federal government there is in the US, too. The federal govt would never pass such laws because they are about as representative of the people as Kim Jong-Un is of N Koreans.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ganja's not ganja any more though is it, skunk is light years away from that. Don't know why they make it so strong laced with chemicals and suchlike. It's not good for your brain.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Drug use would not necessarily increase just because it is legal. If you want to do drugs then they are extremely easy to get now.

I used to smoke weed a hell of a lot and so did most of my friends, nothing wrong with it. Some of the stronger stuff is a bit silly and kind of defeats the object of weed imo but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Most of the scare stories you see in the mail and such are due to tainted drugs, some of the shit they cut them with is scary.

Pros.
Quality Control
Less wasted police time on something that they can never stop
Tax revenue
Job creation
Less of the "cool" effect of taking drugs, I can't see many people bothering to make a living from selling drugs to kids for a couple of % markup on the Tesco price tbh.
Industry taken away from criminals
Give the daily mail and its army of fuckwit readers something more to moan about.

Cons
Maybe the cure of addiction but that already has to be dealt with...
err...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They will never legalise it simply because they would face billion dollar lawsuits from people damaged by the drugs...directly or indirectly.

Like the lawsuits the smoking industry has faced - which contributed billions to the coffers. And people still smoke.

rynnor

Rockhound
Like the lawsuits the smoking industry has faced - which contributed billions to the coffers. And people still smoke.

That's because the tobacco companies are extremely powerful - it should have been banned on health grounds decades ago. Also taxation has made it attractive to governments but it's still completely immoral to tax addictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom