HD mounting cushioning? and dvd players/writers

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there :)
Does anyone have links or the name of a national store that does some kind of mounting kit for hd's that help to dampen the vibration between HD and case? You know, some kind of ruberised washers or brackets? I recall talking about it in another thread and at least one person said they used a certain type of material which I think is primarily for music making acoustic type stuff, but it sounded good. Where do I get it or any other suitable product though?
Oh while I'm posting ...... I notice more and more things are coming out in dvd these days, such as games. Does anyone have recommendations for players? I've never had a need for one before. I suppose I may as well get a dvd recorder rather than just a player. I have a TDK cdrw and it's very very good. Anyone used a TDK dvd writer or any other recommendations?

tia

Cham

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Laz, but I'm specifically after a hd/cdrom/floppy mounting kit. I do have many of those quietpc products or similar, including the acoustic sheets stuff, but the spinning of the hd and cdrom continue to be the only noisey thing in my pc and relatively speaking, they are REALLY noisey. It's a bit of a pain really.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Chameleon said:
Thanks Laz, but I'm specifically after a hd/cdrom/floppy mounting kit. I do have many of those quietpc products or similar, including the acoustic sheets stuff, but the spinning of the hd and cdrom continue to be the only noisey thing in my pc and relatively speaking, they are REALLY noisey. It's a bit of a pain really.
http://www.quietpc.com/uk/harddrive.php :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I just want to say that I love the way the Antec Sonata has the hard drives ;)

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Ah ok thanks Tom. I think I'll just go for the anti-vibration mounting thingies anyway ..... something I don't like about encassing the hd in another bigger casing.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Don't worry about the heat, the case does a very good job of conducting it away.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Now I wish some of that stuff could be used in my shuttle :/ Might just have to stick to washers between the chassis and harddrive.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Get some strong elastic, and suspend it in a web. It might not like big heavy knocks, but there will be much less vibration.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
As to DVD burners, I just got one of these off of ebuyer. They had a special offer on it a few weekends ago, but its still pretty damn cheap as it is. 60 quid, and it seems to do the job lovely. Supports all the necessary formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom