Haxx0red acc :<

T

thorey

Someone stole all my shiet ..

haxx0red my FW from the following ip 62.243.99.103 (Dynamic DNS)
On the 25 of january 2003 11:03 AM GMT
And stupid me had my GAME password in textfile on the comp
so this mofo logged in and ripped my epic armor 99% crafted weap and all items/money from me

Reported to GOA and they banned him but the items were lost forever as their policy doesnt include giveback ..
In the response they suggest i shall go farm money with my nude character without weapon, when they realised how stupid it was they said i should talk to my guild. As im guildless i ask here instead.

This is true begging for money :D nothing else left to do

So if u want to make a small donation to me send me a PM in here and ill give u name of the char and also if u are intrested you can see the response from goa so u see im not bullshitting anyone.

Thx in advance

G

Genesis_of_Ak

How on earth did someone manage to get your password and login details ? I've been playing since Beta and this is the first time I've heard an end-user's home PC getting hacked for his DaoC pswd !

T

thorey

GOA told me in their response they have recieved somewhere like 1000 reports since release although 95% endup as scams for people want to get free items etc but in my response mail from them it says im not included in those.

T

thorey

sorry i missread info in their email not 1000 since launch but several / week
adding a short cut from response (hope im not breaking some EULA or something)

We get many "hacked" reports every week (exact numbers are restricted), most of which include item loss. We investigate every one of them thoroughly, this taking several hours for each separate case, and around 95% of them are incidents of shared passwords, people trying to exploit the system and get free items or similar.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Hrm...if GOA say that you aren't ripping them off then it is a bit harsh of them to leave you without epic armour and money. :/

Good luck trying to beg over 3 plat to get yourself a suit of SC stuff. :(

How do most people keep their passwords safe? I used to keep mine in a text file on my desktop but now I just have it written down on some paper which is a major pain in the butt to enter.

S

Stormm

Especially Win XP has some serious security flaws one of which (i think is fixed now) allowed anyone with ur ip address to get access to ur comp and simply browse through ur file system.

I used to keep mine in a text doc on the desktop but no more there is however a new MS security fix for this....pen + paper + bluetack + wall

K

K0nah

get a software firewall, zonealarm and sygate personal are both free, search google.com

T

Tilda

is Tiny / Kerio personaly firewall ok?

also i have a router with some sort of firewall in it, am i safe?

;)

Tilda

S

Stormm

Tilda u have some intersting stuff on ur HD btw :eek7: /peer

B

belth

Originally posted by Stormm
Especially Win XP has some serious security flaws one of which (i think is fixed now) allowed anyone with ur ip address to get access to ur comp and simply browse through ur file system.

Disabling some service removes that possibility. If you've a dynamic IP, reconnect every once in a while, bit harder to track you down atleast.

O

old.Xanthian

How am I not supprised.
Correct me if im wrong but your char/chars have been used by other players, or have been traded etc..

B

belth

Also, sitting on IRC while playing DAoC can be a source of nuisance, unless you ofcourse spoofed your IP :p

S

skile

windowsupdate.mircosoft.com

Get security updates, windows is a very hacker-friendly system with all it's buggs :eek:.

T

thorey

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
How am I not supprised.
Correct me if im wrong but your char/chars have been used by other players, or have been traded etc..

No according to the response from GOA i am not in that cathegory
Id rather not post the line here as it contains personal information but if u want to see it pm me and ill give it to you priv.

T

thorey

Originally posted by Stormm

I used to keep mine in a text doc on the desktop but no more there is however a new MS security fix for this....pen + paper + bluetack + wall

Yes gone to that mode now, the reason my security wasnt 100% was really because i had just done a reinstall and i hadnt removed the possibility to do a NULL connection to my win xp install. i had wingate pro installed though, which provided me with the ip logs. I have also gotten a response from the persons ISP which tells me his/hers account have been cancelled from their side.

T

thorey

Originally posted by belth
Also, sitting on IRC while playing DAoC can be a source of nuisance, unless you ofcourse spoofed your IP :p

Yes i use IRC but i wont stop doing it cause some 15 year old thought he would get away with it.

As for now i've already pretty much destroyed his enviroment by cancelling his Inet/daoc accounts. Time will tell i guess

G

Genesis_of_Ak

To remember my DaoC account password I keep it off my PC completely, and store it on my Pocket PC (currently Compaq iPAQ 5450). Although I use Microsoft ActiveSync, I ensure my passwords file is not synchronised.

Actually, I have memorised my password through continuous use, so don't have a need to store it in a .txt file.

My PC is also protected through a firewall and has excellent anti-virus and anti-trojan horse protection.

Its a real shame you lost your stuff. I'd offer to help but being 50th level am skint. Best of luck, however, m8.

O

o_O

To keep my DAoC password safe I have it stored on a supercomputer hidden in a secret bunker 200 feet underground, it has no network connections. To access the computer you need both fingerprint verification and eyescan + dna verification. The bunker has 10 doors of solid steel, each door massive enough to withstand a stinger missile or smaller nuclear bomb. To access each door you need to go through the same procedure as above stated to get into the computer. Also the bunker is guarded by 100 mercenaries with full automatic guns and stingers to shoot down possible airborn crafts trying to get my password.
The bunker is also equipped with a system to find possible threat from space such as meteors likely to hit my bunker and eliminate these dangerous rocks of space.

All this because GOA are stupid mofos that won't protect their users investments in their company. Yes GOA, everyone who plays daoc is a computer wiz that knows all about computer security... and those who get ripped off are responsible for this so why give shit back that are lost due to hacking... would be stupid to keep your customers happy eh? A pissed off customer is a good customer seems to be the french cunts policy.

GOOD GAME.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by thorey

Yes i use IRC but i wont stop doing it cause some 15 year old thought he would get away with it.

As for now i've already pretty much destroyed his enviroment by cancelling his Inet/daoc accounts. Time will tell i guess

yuo aer so h4x0r ?!¬

/bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow /bow

A

Apathy

Oh my GOD! That row of /bows looks like it is curving upwards!

Landshark, you are a genius.

Optical torture!

a.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
Oh my GOD! That row of /bows looks like it is curving upwards!

Landshark, you are a genius.

Optical torture!

a.

lol thats true :/

Thorey btw, please tell who ur charachter is as i have been getting pm's about it all morning on irc (Name/Class)

R

Rawkir

Hmmm

If you're playing a bought/traded account then notsurprising really.. btw, you wouldn't happen to be Caves/Laico?

P

pcentella

Hmmm this will sound very noob of me but... What does a firewall exactly do? Does it consume noticeable bandwith or memory?

E

erhardt

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Hrm...if GOA say that you aren't ripping them off then it is a bit harsh of them to leave you without epic armour and money. :/

Good luck trying to beg over 3 plat to get yourself a suit of SC stuff. :(

How do most people keep their passwords safe? I used to keep mine in a text file on my desktop but now I just have it written down on some paper which is a major pain in the butt to enter.

I had it in my head

R

ReaLX

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Rawkir
If you're playing a bought/traded account then notsurprising really.. btw, you wouldn't happen to be Caves/Laico?

what's with caves/laico ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom