Have you really thought about Spellcrafting and Alchemy?

T

Tenko

I thought I'd have a good look at spellcrafting and alchemy, the trade skills im going to follow with my wizard and infiltrator.

Wow!

This will really shake up the game, at least in what you can expect from an opponent as people will simply not be using the same items.

One item may not be all powered, even when overcharged but you have 14 slots and if you have the cash then you'll never have a second choice item again.

And potions?

Heal potions, Endurance potions, uber poisons, buff potions.

Sounds like stackable, non-timer insta heals for cash :p

And who needs buffbots just buy a stack of potions.

Now the difference will be in the detail but as you can see there's scope for major changes here.

What do you think?

A

Archeon

i don't have much to fear from potions, as far as i know they suck when you compare them to heals so not much fear there :)

as for the new tradeskills awsome, its gonna make my life a hell of a lot easier (not many items that offer a mend bonus)

i can wait for the next few patches, but i wouldn't mind not having to wait as long ;)

A

Aeternus

Im saving up for alchemy already... think 20p will do for a while...
Those healing potions are gonna be useful, since I tend to die with a small marginal of health left to my opponent. at least ill be able to heal myself for a coin.

It will also make pve actually worthwhile after 50, collecting money for armor/weapons and so on...

Will be fun with all the new dungeons, the rvr dungeon in 1.53 and 2 more in Shrouded Island...

O

old.Noita

I cant wait for this development, I just hope its as good as some of us think and not a bit of a let down. My main will be a Spellcrafter and my alt Thane will go for Alchemy...to be honest, I like the sound of what Ive read about Alchemy better than Spellcraft but both have a lot of merit.

Yes, I really think it will change many aspects of the game, I hope for the better.

Bring it on!!

Toodle Pip :)

S

Shike

yip, I agree Noita, I also think it will give more meaning to the life after 50, tweaking weps and armors, gather goooold, not having to wait for a dragon/legiondrop that cause so much fuzz.... ahh I really look forward to it. If it ever come will say. I just hope they add a feature so that i can have a glowing helm :D

O

old.LandShark

I'm hoping to god they don't actually take alchemy heals, buffs and poisons live. That is SO going to screw the game balance up...

J

Jimli

No1 seems to have read the bit that the heal potions require a dropped component. Dont think their will be too many of those around.

And Noita, spellcrafting on main and alchemy on Alt? Have you ever done any crafting?

A

Aeternus

Originally posted by old.Noita
I cant wait for this development, I just hope its as good as some of us think and not a bit of a let down. My main will be a Spellcrafter and my alt Thane will go for Alchemy...to be honest, I like the sound of what Ive read about Alchemy better than Spellcraft but both have a lot of merit.

Yes, I really think it will change many aspects of the game, I hope for the better.

Bring it on!!

Toodle Pip :)

I guess you havent done any crafting... hows 3 hours for 1 point increasment sound?

J

Jimli

Dont get us wrong, it's worth it. But concentrate on 1 skill instead of 2. You'll find that's more then enough.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Jimli
No1 seems to have read the bit that the heal potions require a dropped component. Dont think their will be too many of those around.

And Noita, spellcrafting on main and alchemy on Alt? Have you ever done any crafting?

I must plead guilty - i HADN'T read that the potentially unbalancing ones will require a (hopefully rare!) dropped component. Certainly they haven't yet been discovered on pendragon, as opposed to most of the less powerful ones.

http://www.midnightsojourn.com/drops.html

Good site there, being run by pendragon's first 1000+ alchemist. Lots of specifics, which is nice :p
Reassuring to note that reactive procs on armors are at extremely high skill levels... this and other facts are reassuring me quite a lot.
Still think that spellcrafting in its present state will = every lvl50 has all resists, stats and skills capped... :| Certainly was the case for a couple of spellcrafted sets i saw on pendragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom