Have you got an Idea?

Ucallme

Banned
Over the weeks I have been thinking about how to get people back to DAoC. So How about something like:

Getting majority of the Old decent video's that people have recorded to try get people tempted to come back?

Or have a 1 or 2 day get together (all realms).

Im sure Dyvet could be really busy if all those people didn't move to US or Avalon (this server would be live and kicking tbh).

So lets all try have something positive to say.

and tell us your thoughts on how to tempt players coming back?

But imo having old video's might tempt players coming back (thats what I think anyway).

Amphrax/Arauddry

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I have a thought.. Come on msn! :(

On a more serious note, I doubt it would do the server any good.

People won't be tempted by movies, but if they were to be tempted they would soon realise that those times are already gone and they would be pissed at the current situation since they will be reminded at how good it was back then.

Worth at try though :p

Maddam Mim

Fledgling Freddie
How about....

A danish real life meeting ? :)

I would love to put some faces on the names ive been shouting at for the last couple of years hehehe

Death

Fledgling Freddie
Good Luck

Good idea m8 but i posted somthing before about getting vids or doing somthing to boost numbers, but folk are just so negative about it all and GOA aint doing fuck all about it more intrested in getting WAR out on time!

i dont mean to sound nevative but iv been there done that and no one is intrested anymore m8y bit shit but that life, as folk keep saying its a dead server, iv even stoped playing as much with lack of getting grps in rvr etc desect fights etc etc you all read this kinnda stuff loads of time..

by all means if u can do it i wish u all the best m8 hopefully you can pull back a few people keep the server alive for as long as possible... but i dont see any possible way of getting the server back to its old self....

GOA dont seem to be doing anything to help out its a shame that players have to resort to using there own ideas to bring back players!

GOOD LUCK M8Y :D HOPE IT WORKS OUT!!!!

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
sorry to also sound negative but most of the people who have left dont even read FH anymore let alone care about daoc much and i cant see how a few vids will change that :(

those who do still play but have changed servers may come back soon for the next patch .. to get them ML's on an old toon they never had the time to put through the pain of the 1-10 ML raids. I got about 6 toons who are about rr5-6ish that i never did any ML on so will get them ml10 and maybe a few arti's etc and take em for a few spins for a laugh for old times sake :)

if we see just a handfull of old names pop in id be very happy :)

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
hopefully the next patch will bring a few back... worked for me :D

Ucallme

Banned
I've an idea; multiclustering.

The only problem with that is the Language barrier. But Im sure there could be a patch or something that you can implement into the files in your folder to get the language that you need.

But yes I totally agree this would solve lots of issues

Amphrax/Arauddry

C

Carss

migrate the server to US and cluster with one of their servers

i really dont belive GOA when they say it cant be done, they just cant be arsed and dont want to lose the money dyvet generates for them.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Over the weeks I have been thinking about how to get people back to DAoC. So How about something like:

Getting majority of the Old decent video's that people have recorded to try get people tempted to come back?

Or have a 1 or 2 day get together (all realms).

Im sure Dyvet could be really busy if all those people didn't move to US or Avalon (this server would be live and kicking tbh).

So lets all try have something positive to say.

and tell us your thoughts on how to tempt players coming back?

But imo having old video's might tempt players coming back (thats what I think anyway).

Amphrax/Arauddry

maybe if i take my acc back i will play again hmmm but not interested for the moment :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
bigsoz, i went to the rp remove npc and took off all arauddry's rps ;)

Iapegioh

Banned
There is a simple way to save DAoC. Migrate to Thidranki.

No overpowered realm ranks, plently of space for solo, full group and zerg fights, easy to get a template and most of all much more fun and challenging than the MoC-spamming style of 50 RvR.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
^^ HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway.

Were Mythic running the Japanese servers (or w/e Akatsuki was), cos they managed to integrate that into the existing US Devon cluster. Dno if the circumstances are different or w/e but.. meh~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom