Have the ports to the patcher changed at all?

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Any changes whatsoever. It won't go through my university firewall anymore whereas it was working the day before yesterday.

:(

B

Benedictine

You should be studying at uni not playing daoc - wasting my damn taxes! ;)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Amanita said:
Any changes whatsoever. It won't go through my university firewall anymore whereas it was working the day before yesterday.

:(

I had a speak with the admins and here's the deal. Normally you patch here:

patch.camelot-europe.com:1280

(you can find this in your update.dat) and that's it, but this time you are redirected to another set of patchers that are on port 80. Maybe this is what is causing the trouble?

This redirection isn't permanent (I don't know when it'll get changed back though - in the coming days/weeks) so as a worst case scenario you'll be able to patch again then.

Hope that helps.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Great, if its going to get changed back then I don't need to worry about it and a couple of days off will give me a chance to catch up on the work Benedictine's taxes are paying for ^^

Uni runs on a proxy and it looks like that prevents me using this new patch server but if it takes too long I'll go whine at the tech people here.

Thanks Erivoss!

Jozxyqk

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers for letting us know Erivoss.

im on the same Uni network as Amanita, and this is a little frustrating, but if we are able to get on eventually then i guess thats better then nothing :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
She lives in Aberystwyth.

If she can't play DAOC, then it's Welsh Channel Four...

Save her from this terrible fate!

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I don't even have a T.V. that recieves any channels! Thats by choice though :p
omg, if this isn't solved I am going to have to go outside!
Or more seriously someone's knocked up a temporary solution but its terribly complicated and technical, any chance someone could let me know when the patcher is returned to its wonderful normal self?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom