Have i gone completely insane

G

Well, after just splitting up with Paula (again), i seem to have taken on the attitude and character of a complete twat and seem to have lost all my net friends i have spoken to in the last 4 years online.

I have no idea why i behave like a complete cnut (swear filter beater) its just happening, i got told the other day i was a person that people used to respect and now i am a person people walk over the road to avoid (in an internet irc type of situation)

What do you think?

ps, i miss my son.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Guess you are just pissed about your relationship and kid, its understandable but being a **** ain't gonna help!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Richard

A few words of wisdom mate,

Never ever ever go back to Paula. You have done it several times and each time you get fucking hurt mate. My motto is, Never go back, only forwards....

I know it is hard as you have a lovely son you miss, I know, I left 2 kids behind when I left my wife.

Seriously, if you come online, take every comment with a pinch of salt, you seem to take anything and everything to heart. Life is too short mate.

I am not patronising you in any way, shape or form. Only trying to help.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
(try to) relax and let some time pass. I suspect you're very serious and focused atm. only some time can help you to fuzz that a bit and go back to (more-or-less) your old self. perhaps a new sport that you can lose yourself in? also, as DBs says:

Seriously, if you come online, take every comment with a pinch of salt, you seem to take anything and everything to heart. Life is too short mate.

good luck.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
I dont know you and stuff but if you are a sensitive person the last place you wanna be is the interweb

everyone is really cool and mega hard coz they can hide behind their PC

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
E-mail pictures of your knob with a name scrawled on it in biro to people you play games with online?

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Who is wolfy? and Deebs that Motto is possibly the best bit of advice I have ever heard!
Brooky, when was the last time you had a holiday and just some time to yourself to chill out? I know I go a bit odd when I dont get time just to myself to relax and think about things, perhaps its time you should get away and do nothing.

lecter

Fledgling Freddie
With regards to Paula, i'd say never go back. I know its hard because you miss your son, but in time things will work out. As long as you make the best effort you can then your son will respect you for exactly that.

I have a slightly cynical view towards online relationships of any kind. Its great medium for introductions, but no more. Its completely anonymous if you want it to be and is pure in the sense that no preconceptions can be had about you. Only your actions determine peoples reactions. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth in other words.

How you choose to present yourself on IRC is largely determined by what you hope to get out of it. However you cannot determine what the other people on the network hope to get out of it. The way I see it is there are people here for friendship or entertainment. They are exclusive in the sense that they determine what you do/dont say to people online.

People here for entertainment reasons do not discuss or bring personal issues with them when they are on IRC. Observations based on personality are generally the basis for humour and most piss takes. Those that are here for friendship purposes generally open themselves up a lot more and thus open themselves up for more abuse. Which I think is true in your case. Its not the events in your life that people latch onto but how you handle the events.

In my case I am here for entertainment, whether it be a cheap laugh at someones expense, a comedy out of context quote or whatever. The point is I gain 'something' from it. Being just a plain **** without any personal satisfaction is flawed. While i'm being cunted by someone else I see it as a challenge, not an insult. It would be fair to say that not many people online know the true me. There are a few people that are real life friends primarily that are privvy to bits of info. But thats the way I like to keep it.

So what I'm saying is decide what you are here for and you have to take the rough with the smooth with regards to peoples reactions.

G

i have not had a holiday in about 10 years

i am an IT contractor and so work in a pressured environment, i cant just do one for a month in the carribean tbh, altho i would love it

Isgaroth&Ths

Fledgling Freddie
go see a shrink m8 or a lawyer and get your son back
gl to u in life after paula QQ :m00:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Ch3tan said:
E-mail pictures of your knob with a name scrawled on it in biro to people you play games with online?

You should just about fit broo on it :D

I have never had a problem with you, you may just be feeling down right now. Time will sort it out.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Mate, my advice would be just to take a week off from everything, go somewhere secluded, sunny and just read a book or do something relaxing. Go for some nice country walks, get some fresh air and the world will seem a lot better place when you get back. I had a horrid time with one of my ex-s deciding it would be a good idea to start seeing my best friend then move into the same house as me and him, I said fuck it, and flew off to lanzarote for a week, played in the sand, the sun and the sea and felt infinitely better for it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Isgaroth&Ths said:
go see a shrink m8 or a lawyer and get your son back
gl to u in life after paula QQ :m00:

This is why DAoCers are hated on a general level.

There are many more reasons that cause the more extreme hatred, but simply that is enough.

QQ gifv sex :flame: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: gl hf m8

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
brooky said:
Well, after just splitting up with Paula (again), i seem to have taken on the attitude and character of a complete twat and seem to have lost all my net friends i have spoken to in the last 4 years online.

I have no idea why i behave like a complete cnut (swear filter beater) its just happening, i got told the other day i was a person that people used to respect and now i am a person people walk over the road to avoid (in an internet irc type of situation)

What do you think?

ps, i miss my son.

Have you tried speaking to people in the real world? Not meaning to sound rude but it sounds like your whole life is based around the 'net... which is never a good start.

G

my whole life doesnt revolve around the net, i have a 4.5 yr old son and a job and friends outside of the internet, but i feel i can talk to you guys more than my irl friends, as Lecter said, its a bit more anonymous.

But if you really want to continue to flame me and wind me up please carry on.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Dude, see this is another problem, there were no flames there or anything intended to wind you up. You need to chill out mate you really do, otherwise you might explode :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
have a word with bodhi, I'm sure he can fix you up with some mind altering substances to chill you out

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I agree with the advice to chill out. The very fact you think there were any flames or attacks in this thread proves that you are too on edge.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Brooky

I think I said my piece to you the other day. Sometimes there are comments online which get most people down and do you know what the majority of them do.... switch of the pc and go and chill elsewhere.

Don't go back to Paula, I appreciate you have a lovely son however how much use will be you be to him if your head isn't straight, and how much damage could you and Paula do between you by arguing or making his home environment uncomfortable. Sometimes the best thing for the child is to have separated parents (it certainly was for my nieces and nephews), although every case is different.

Those who know you are still there for you, it just took something like the other day for it to surface.

You know where I am if you need to chat

JBP|

Part of the furniture
brooky i know how hard things may seem for you right now but deebs is correct in saying you should be moving fowards.

the mother of my son kicked me out 14 years ago (when my son was 1),at that time i had to decide if i was going to stay around for him or bugger off to a far away land and start my life afresh,i chose the former.

up until 2 years ago i had my son practically every weekend then 2 years ago his mother and the rest of her family moved 300 miles away , at the time this was quite upsetting for me as a 600 mile round trip to see my son isnt exactly an easy thing to do, so now i get to see him 2 or 3 times a year

however the times that i do see him are most enjoyable for both of us

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Brooky, you must have at least one friend who you can visit and chat about your problems with. Personally, from what other people are saying, I'd buy some new clothes, book a holiday, and fuckoff for a bit.

Also, change your IRC name to 'Brooky was a twat now I'm fluffy'.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
What the dickens does 'QQ :sillygaycowsmiley:' mean!?

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Sad to say its a dark age thing - QQ is implied to look like crying eyes.

phew im so glad im past puberty and dont make those comments

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Life is too short to spend moping over an ex...even if you have a kid out of the relationship. Move on and find a new missus and you will feel a HELL of a lot better for it. Then you can work on seeing your son as often as possible and if you're in a healthy frame of mind then it will work out better for the both of you.

One thing I would say is talk about your problems with your RL friends. It can be nice to vent on the forums because of the anonymity it provides but it won't make you feel better because, as seen, there are some fuck knuckles who take great pleasure in making people miserable.

If you really are intent on carrying on with teh forums then you need to thicken your skin up a bit and not take everything personal because that is a sure way to get totally fucked up. I've seen it happen before and it ain't a pretty sight and even the most tolerant of your online friends will roll their eyes at you and wonder if they should just tell you to fuck off. :/

...and so forth.

So, in closing:

1) Get new woman! Get shagz0r! Mebbe rub it in your ex's face a bit? Or is that a bit too immature?
2) See son as often as poss.
3) Donate generously to the 'Get Sissyfoo teh fuck out of this mangy country' charity!
4) Be happy! \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom