Haste, Quickness, and Left Axe Questions

M

Melachi-

If anyone could tell me exactly how quickness affects swing speed (the maths to it) and how haste affects. Red con haste delves at 20, is that percent, or something else, and if its percent, what is it percent of? Is it your 20% reduction on your actual swing speed, or is it 20% of your quickness or something else complicated (math equation would be nice :p ). And finally, what is the actual numbers on Left Axe, ive heard you start with 60%main hand, 60%offhand, and it increases with .5% for every point in left axe, are these the correct numbers? Do points over 50 in left axe have the same result as below 50? Does DR have the exact same affect as 6 Left axe trains? Experienced answers please, not second hand VN info :x

Reason i want to know this is because im thinking of a spec for a ShadowBlade. High left axe (44+) with +11 from SC and +x from realm rank. Then with high quickness (hopefully 250 cap) and red haste, and when Mastery of Arms works that too. With a Cleavers in each hand, i hope to cap swing speed, instead of the usual Hand-Axe or WBA.

W

Whisperess

T

TaF

this one's good too :
http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Weapon_Speed_Calc

Note, u could use the haste pots aswell , 40% haste 10 min dur, works fine and u will hit cap speed with 2 cleavers and capped qui.

Using traditional cleaver + wba myself tho

/edit
ps: got no clue about how much dr increases LA spec, i am sure it does, don't give flying fook by how much excactly tho.

Theory is theory, but in the end it all comes down to what happens on the playfield.
When you're DF-ed or stunned by minstrelpet 4tehwin, your odd 70LA won't do much for you ;)

O

old.mattshanes

Yes DR does have the same bonus as 6 left axe trains(3% more damage per lv)

M

Mikal

It seems your asking about three different things here: Haste, LA haste effect and LA damage reduction.

The LA damage reduction is how LA works. Albion dual wield and hibernia celtic dual hits for full damage in their attacks, but don't always hit with offhand (I think a lvl 5 with 1 dual wield/celtic dual got about 25% to swing their offhand weapon) LA hits with both weapons always, but get damage reduction instead, which I believe is about 63% with 0 left axe skill. As you raise your LA skill this damage reduction falls, to about 85-90% I think at 50 LA. And each level in Dualist reflexes grants another 3% off the damage reduction. The damage reduction only applied to base damage on not the styled damage

Haste spells and Quickness does the same for you swing speed, 10 quickness is approx 1% haste (from 60 and up), and it stacks with healer haste and celerity, so say you manage to get 250 quickness, best healer haste and best celerity you got an effective 59% haste). Your style damage will scale down accordingly to the haste, so that it will remain the same over time. But you basedamage will stay the same, and it will do more damage over time with haste (same damage but faster attacks) Your actual swing speed is the speed of the weapon you use minus the haste. So if you use a spd 4.0 weapon with 25% haste you will swing it every 3 secs. Your style damage is calculated from THIS swingspeed (when using 1 weapon at least, LA is a bit more complicated) say you use a speed 4.0 weapon with no haste and 60 quick, and your style does (+100) damage, that same style will do (+75) damage if you had 25% haste but then you would hit faster aswell, so the style damage would be the same over time (end usage scales with this aswell, so you don't use it faster because you got haste and have to style more often)

Then there's the LA haste effect, which is a way to artificially increase your damage. When using LA your styles will do damage accordingly to your MAINHAND weapons calculated swing speed (3.0 with a spd 4.0 and 25% haste) But you're ACTUAL swing speed will be the average of the calculated speeds of both your mainhand and offhand weapon. lemme make an example with a handaxe and a doublebladed axe and 25% haste

handaxe speed = 2.4
dbl. axe speed = 4.2
calculated handaxe speed = 2.4 * 0.75 = 1.8
calculated dbl. axe speed = 4.2 * 0.75 = 3.15
Actual swing speed = (1.8 + 3.15) / 2 = 2.475

so you would be swinging your weapons aprox every 2.5 second but your styles would do damage as if you were only swinging every 3.15 secs

I hope it helps :)

B

Big-G-

i think melachi should pm me more in irc tbh
hows my dorf gettin on since hes been at your mercy?

T

tasslehoff

I think Big-G should Pm me more on irc tbh. :D

T

Thug

LA and quickness?

The way i tend to spec for la is to get as much quickness as possible - until you reach a cap limit (takes a lot of doing). If you are a zerker then i doubt you ever will reach it. But using fast weapons is better in my opinion than expecting to get more damage with slow ones (at sub 45 level say). Seems a good combo until very late levels is to use 3.7 speed main and 2.4 left.

Slowness in wielding weapons is bad news for whoever. This is particularly noticeable at early levels where yu can stand about for ages if you are a slow Troll armed with a 2 handed hammer for instance. Because of this my Valkyn warrior using a Njessi 2 handed sword and capped in quickness could take out Troll savages - and easily take out other Troll warriors.

Also another thing to bear in mind is that slow weapons sap endurance a lot!!

Sonofsomeone: gimped dwarf zerker
Certi: 46.5 Norse SB

O

old.tuppe

if remember correct quickness has hard cap 250.
DR work different way to laxe users, 3% is splitted between main and offhand so its only 1.5%.

personally as zerk say just one thing, use slowest possible mainhand and fastest offhand, or slowest?
only thing what benefit us is haste what we get this way.

dmg is calculated from mainhand but speed is average from both weapons.

sb is different thing and dont give comments about that class.

O

old.Emma

250 Qui, 20% Healer Haste using 2 cleavers nets a swing speed of 1.98 seconds.

Still bloody fast.

By comparison though.

250 Qui, 20% Healer Haste using a DBA/HA the swing speed is 1.64 seconds.

Closest you can get to cap speed as an SB without using gimpy weapons is.

250 Qui, 20% Healer Haste, using a Cleaver and HA. this gets you a swing speed of 1.59 seconds.

Forget using Mastery of the arms. its bugged still even in 1.67. Better of waiting for ToA and getting yourself some +Melee Speed items.

Even one item with 5% Melee Speed on it will take your swing speed very close to cap with a 4.2/2.4 combo. 1.53 seconds to be exact or 1.86 seconds with Cleaver/Cleaver combo.

Users who are viewing this thread